Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

InMotion Chip is in ~REVIEW and 0-60 vid~

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 05:13 PM
2nd Gear
Default InMotion Chip is in ~REVIEW and 0-60 vid~

Well I HAD a really long awesome write up on here and then my browser decided to crash... Needless to say I am furious...[:@][:@][:@][:@]

So now I have a watered down not as good version... [:'(]

Went got my ECU at the PO this morning. I was a little upset about the way they sent it back to me. It was in a USPS express flat rate thin cardboard envelope with NO padding... It was fine though, but really bothered me.

Got it installed and gave it a good 5 min to make sure the TB got adjusted. Started it up and it purred fine as usual. I didn't feel a real big difference at first but I was going easy just to be safe. I got to a flat straight spot in the road and just HAD to test my 0-60! I punched it and the turbo kick was amazing! It was all good until I got to 65 and I let off the gas and guess what.... A CEL!! [:'(] I take her home and plugged in the trusty VAGCOM and found 1 new code: 16985. This is what ross tech had to say about it: http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/16985/P0601/001537

So I am a little concerned, but then I read the link to the VWvortex forums and it seems that many people with the APR tuning will get this code/cel. I have also consistently got a "System voltage too low" code and it was suggested in that link that this may be an underlying problem of it. At this point I am not overly scared about it because the car drives great and sounds fine.

The only other thing that I noticed that concerns me a little, is I have always gotten a little kick/thud feeling when I let off my accelerator quickly when I am cruising at like 60. It has always been there but now it seems a bit more pronounced. Is that just my stock DV being sucky? That is the next thing on the agenda.

Well then I clear the CEL and took it for another spin. A nice easy one, got some gas and stuff and on the way back I wanted to get the 0-60 video. As I was slowing down the CEL came back on again, without even going WOT this time. Oh well, I'll get to the bottom of it. Here is the video:

http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=34g0hmb

So I can't remember what else I had written the first time. Hope fully I didnt forget anything... [&:]
So any comments... questions... lay em' on me.

Old 03-21-2007, 05:16 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: InMotion Chip is in ~REVIEW and 0-60 vid~

the video is not working =/

Old 03-21-2007, 05:31 PM
2nd Gear

It was playing for me, then it made my browser crash from an "Illegal operation" or something stupid. Sorry I'll try to find another place that hosts video.

Ok the new link was put over the old one in the original post, this one SHOULD work better. LOL maybe

Old 03-21-2007, 05:36 PM
4th Gear

Video works for me. So do you know how much boost you are pushing? Whe are you getting your new DV?

Old 03-21-2007, 05:37 PM
4th Gear

Keep us posted on the CEL and have you talked to InMotion about it?

Josh

Old 03-21-2007, 05:38 PM
Site Moderator

video works for me... Your DV may be the cause of what you were describing, but probably not the cause of the CEL. Your 0-60 video doenst look bad at all. Most k03 1.2 barchips are going to be about the same. The only differences will be able to be noticed by the person who is driving or better yet a dyno sheet. Your 0-60 video is very comparable to my GIAC and other APR 0-60 videos. So far so good. Definately upgrade the DV, it will be shot very soon. I would be irate if my ecu was sent back to me in an envelope with no padding, and the CEL is going to have to be investigated further... I had a couple fault codes while my ecu was adapting to giac, but i never got a cel.

Old 03-21-2007, 05:41 PM
4th Gear

Yeah, I just remembered something. They told me it could take an entire tank of gas for everything in your car to get used to the new chip. Maybe it will get better as time goes on!!! IDK

Josh

Old 03-21-2007, 05:44 PM
2nd Gear

So do you know how much boost you are pushing?
No clue havent got my boost gauge yet, should be getting it in the mail soon though.

Keep us posted on the CEL and have you talked to InMotion about it?
That's another problem, I can't get a hold of them. It is pretty anoying.

Thanks onepoint, that's a good sign then with the vid. Yeah I should be getting my DV ASAP. And I was pretty pissed about the packing, I was just like... what were they thinking!!?? When I sent it to them I had like 2 inches of packed tight newspaper inside a nice box and this is how they give it back to me...? Whatever...

Old 03-21-2007, 05:45 PM
1st Gear

i have over 25K miles on my apr 93-octane chip, and i haven't ever had a code from it. Just trouble-free fun. plus, i have never heard this about apr programming. the only time i have heard this code mentioned with a program was with wetterauer (sp?)

at least you saved $. i paid full price for mine.

Old 03-21-2007, 05:46 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: ThePaintballGuy

Yeah, I just remembered something. They told me it could take an entire tank of gas for everything in your car to get used to the new chip. Maybe it will get better as time goes on!!! IDK

Josh
Yup I am expecting it to get even better, especially once I get a better DV and probably a K&N to help her breathe!

Quick Reply: InMotion Chip is in ~REVIEW and 0-60 vid~