Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Inmotion Tip-Chip Beta testing

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 02:23 PM
3rd Gear
Default Inmotion Tip-Chip Beta testing

After reading that another member had been turned down by Inmotion because they couldn't chip his TCU. I decided to shoot them and email and ask. This is the response I got back
Hello,[/align] [/align] We have not yet chipped a transaxle that old. If you would like to be a FREE beta tester please send your TCU via USPS to:[/align] [/align] [align=center]INMOTION[/align] [align=center]PO BOX 2066[/align] [align=center]CLACKAMAS,OR 97015
[/align]
so after asking a few questions I have decided to send my TCU/TCM out to them for chipping - they will install a socket style chip that can be removed at any time and will return the unit to stock. I'm running over to the post office during my lunch hour to express/overnight the package to them. I should have it back by Wednesday. I'll keep you updated on how it feels.

Old 03-19-2007, 02:28 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Inmotion Tip-Chip Beta testing

very cool... keep us posted

Old 03-19-2007, 02:40 PM
4th Gear

Yes, I am very interested in this as well!!!

Josh

Old 03-19-2007, 03:11 PM
1st Gear

Nice keep us up dated I sent in my TCU when I had them do my ECU and they told me that my TCU was to old. I love me ECU tune lets see how there TIP chip works.

Old 03-19-2007, 03:15 PM
Site Moderator

How much is the tip chip from them again? $150? Im eager to find out what happens too.

Old 03-19-2007, 03:17 PM
4th Gear

If it works like they say it should (about the same as the GIAC Tip Chip so .2 sec between gears!!!) Then you could get both an ECU (which we now know is good from a few other members) and the Tip Chip for under the price you would pay for a GIAC or APR chip. NOT BAD, NOT BAD AT ALL!!!!

Josh

Old 03-19-2007, 03:23 PM
2nd Gear

Yup I should be getting my ECU back tomorow at the latest, I'll let you guys know what is up.

I am STOKED![8D]

Yeah it is too bad that they didnt have the tip chip offered when I sent my ECU in cuz then I could have got it all done at once. Oh well, I think I want to get my tranny serviced before I put extra stress on it. It needs to get done soon here anyway for peace of mind!

Old 03-19-2007, 03:25 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: alias747

Yup I should be getting my ECU back tomorow at the latest, I'll let you guys know what is up.

I am STOKED![8D]
CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR ABOUT IT!!!! If everything goes as planned, I will be shipping mine out on Wednesday.

Josh

Old 03-19-2007, 03:26 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

How much is the tip chip from them again? $150? Im eager to find out what happens too.
come on send yours too.

Old 03-19-2007, 03:27 PM
4th Gear

I am thinking about it... even though you wern't talking to me, but I am still thinking about it!

Josh

Quick Reply: Inmotion Tip-Chip Beta testing