Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intake Dilema

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 11:44 PM
1st Gear
Default Intake Dilema

Okay so I cannot decide what to do with my intake...

Right now I have what I think to be a custom modded tube connected to a K&N Cone Filter. My problem with this system is that I think it might be taking in heat from the turbo and engine block despite the heat shield. I feel like the stock system would take in colder air. This is a picture of Jeff's intake which looks similar to mine. (I dont have actual pics of mine yet)

But I have the stock airbox which I could also but back in. And if I did, I would put a K&N filter in it. The problem with this is that I'm a little unsure under the hood of audi's and I wouldnt want to mess anything up lol...

Either way, I dont want to loose power but I dont think that will be a problem because Ive read that to get a noticable change from an intake, an upgraded turbo is needed and mine is stock.

Old 05-04-2006, 12:01 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: Intake Dilema

yea an intake isnt going to do a whole lot man, I wouldnt bother with much more than a modded box and a K&N drop in

Old 05-04-2006, 10:39 PM
1st Gear

im sayin do u think i should go back to stock or leave it how it is?

Old 05-04-2006, 11:19 PM
1st Gear

LEAVE IT!

Old 05-05-2006, 12:04 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Buttery Cracker

LEAVE IT!

lol aight... ill prob just get a new cone filter bc mine is getting a little blackish when it needs to be pinkish

Old 05-05-2006, 12:06 AM
Zombie Defense Force

wow thats an old pic. but ya i have a new heat shield. you cannot hardly even see the turbo anymore. that was a shitty fix it for a week tell i could maky my new one

Old 05-05-2006, 12:22 AM
1st Gear

yea my heat shield is about the size of the one in the pic but my turbo is not as big and i dont think its located quite that close to the intake so a larger heat shield may not be necessary. Do you think i'll have any problems with overheating during the warmer months because of the placement of the intake and the proximity to the engine?

Old 05-05-2006, 12:29 AM
Zombie Defense Force

be like me just take out ur passanger head light. and if asked say it was stolen

Old 05-05-2006, 12:35 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Jeff

be like me just take out ur passanger head light. and if asked say it was stolen

lol and after the car is totaled bc i couldnt see where i was going at night... at least ill kno that the engine was running cool.

Old 05-05-2006, 12:37 AM
Zombie Defense Force

ORIGINAL: 98 A4 Turbo

ORIGINAL: Jeff

lol and after the car is totaled bc i couldnt see where i was going at night... at least ill kno that the engine was running cool.
well i have my drivers headlight, and my 2 foglights, havent had a problem seeing yet. but then again im 19 and have like 20/15 vission

Quick Reply: Intake Dilema