Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iPod, BlueTooth Cellphone, and 2002 Audi A4

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2004, 07:40 PM
Default iPod, BlueTooth Cellphone, and 2002 Audi A4

Hi Audi Enthusiasts,

I am purchasing a 2002 Audi A4 1.8T with the in-dash 6 CD changer.

I had a few questions for you guys and gals:

1) I would like to hook up my iPod to the Audi stereo. What are my options? I want a "real" connection and not one using FM or the tape deck. Obviously I would prefer not to have to change the Audi system. But I am open to suggestions.

2) Does anyone know how I could get my BlueTooth cell phone to work over my speakers? For example, I would like a system where when I enter the car, my cell phone will set to car mode via BlueTooth, and I could then answer it hands-free. The ring and other person's speech would project through the speakers etc. etc. Any ideas?

Thanks for all of your help! I really appreciate it.

Best regards,

Juha

Toronto, Canada

Old 07-23-2004, 12:26 AM
6th Gear
Default RE: iPod, BlueTooth Cellphone, and 2002 Audi A4

http://autotoys.com/ sells an adapter made by Blitzsafe that allows you to hook up your ipod to the cd changer inputs. There are some ones i've heard of that allow you to control your ipod from your cd changer also, so you can hide it away. Do a search on audiworld.com for some good info.

Old 07-23-2004, 06:08 PM
1st Gear

As far as the bluetooth thing goes, I don't know why you wouldn't be able to do that, but I would definitely recommend against doing yourself unless you are already a cell/car phone installation guy (or you don't mind taking the risk of screwing up your car) because it won't be easy. When my mom had her whole system installed in her X5 they gave her all the goodies like you mentioned (audio on car speakers, phone plug-in tranfers current call to car speakers, etc.) minus the bluetooth. I know it's possible and bluetooth would just be one more step (although, if you had audio on your car speakers I don't know why you would want the bluetooth headset in the car).

I hate to state the obvious, but I would go to one your service provider's stores and ask them about it because if they can't do it, they will at least be able to tell you who can.

Old 07-28-2004, 01:16 AM
1st Gear

For holding the iPod or any Pocket PC I recommend go to ProClipUSA.com they have custom solutions for many cars and PDAs. I just bought one for my car and I am really happy with it. I will post pics in this days.

Old 07-28-2004, 01:47 AM
3rd Gear

Just a quick hijack to welcome both JayEm and HyperPlus to the forum!

Old 07-28-2004, 01:59 PM
1st Gear

hey!
i have a 04 a4 and i got an ipod adapter that will work with any car. i think its the best one out there. it basically works with your stereo, and you find an all static station, put the radio and the adapter on that channel, and there you go! i love it and use it all the time. here is the link. http://www.everythingipod.com/TFM.tp...bs/products.db

if that link doesnt work, then go to everythingipod.com and find the DLO TransPod FM.

Old 07-28-2004, 02:18 PM
Site Moderator

Looks cool AudiGirlie... I like the fact that it recharges the ipod too. Little pricey - $100 for an fm transmitter. Many people try to avoid fm transmitter's too, because of sound quality degradation. As a guy running mp3's of 256kbps, I would much rather a hardwired solution (ie. Blitsafe adapter for $65) - or system wireless, as opposed to fm transmit. Of course, I'm a freak with a carputer in my audi.

hell, Fm transmit it beats a tape deck adapter tho!

Old 07-28-2004, 03:04 PM
1st Gear

to be honest, the fact that it recharges it is a great selling point, and it helped me to buy it. but as the owner of it, i can say that i've had friends w/ other adapters, and the sound quality on mine is way better. the 100 bucks is totally worth it in my opinion, if u got it! GOOD LUCK!

Old 07-28-2004, 03:10 PM
1st Gear

p.s. the look of it is cool as well. looks very hi-tech. (if that matters to u)

Old 07-30-2004, 02:16 AM
1st Gear

my boyfriend found these sites for ipod installation in a car, and they look pretty sweet. check it out.

http://homepage.mac.com/reelmagik1/PhotoAlbum3.html

http://homepage.mac.com/reelmagik1/PhotoAlbum4.html

Quick Reply: iPod, BlueTooth Cellphone, and 2002 Audi A4