Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Issue with A4 Alarm, advise /help needed!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 06:23 PM
1st Gear
Default Issue with A4 Alarm, advise /help needed!

Hi All,
I have an 01 1.9 TDI A4. Never had any major issues, it passed the nct (Irish MOT) a month ago. Only recent work carried out was 3 days ago when I had the tension belt replaced, it was worn out. So 2 days ago, every so often I noticed a low pitched grinding/ticking/pulling sound above the rear driver side wheel every so often after id stop the car. Then last night when I got out and turned car off it carried on for 3/4 hours! Then in the middle of the night a loud beeping sound from same area started, pressing the fob buttons a few times it stopped. This happened 4/5 time today, so last time I pressed the 2 buttons inside driver door on (I think there alarm sensor / tow sensor's?) and left car unlocked. It hasn't happened since. So any idea what so ever whats going on? Any suggestions / answers appreciated. Could the garage have triggered something changing tenson belt? The other thing maybe worth noting, is the garage said they tried to change the rear right fog light (as warning light was on dash for it) but it wasn't the bulb, it was a wiring issue. Any advise welcome, thanks in advance Audibronie