Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IT'S DONE!!!...

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 04:28 AM
4th Gear
Default IT'S DONE!!!...

Ok,
So I just got done with my timing belt job... Actually I didn't do it... It had already been changed!!! GRRR...

So yeah I tore the whole thing apart just to find out that it already had a Brand New tensioner (new version, not the old) and new belt! Nothing was worn at all on it!

Oh and my waterpump was fine... There are no leaks. It is leaking somehere else and just coming out by the water pump (I will post pictures later).

I DID however change all the vacuum lines (Or so I thought... I still have a VAC leak somewhere. I can't see any other vacuum hose though. WERE ARE ALL OF THEM!!! I changed the one going from the manifold to the DV, and the one going from the Manifold to the FPR, and also the one to my boost gauge. Are there any others? If so where?

I also installed the new SNUB mount and it wasn't that hard. It was pretty easy and it makes a slight different.

Oh and the F-ING bumper took forever to get off!!! I spent almost 1 1/2 hours trying to get it off and then found the easy way and it took 5 min or so.

Well I am going to return the T-belt kit and then use the money from that to get my car chipped!!! LOL

All in all it was a good day. Nothing bad happend (I did cut my finger with a razer blade though[:@]) And I learned a butt load about my car so I am happy!!! NEXT WEEKEND IS THE FMIC!!!! THIS WEEK is the H.I.D. kit.

Josh

Old 04-08-2007, 04:37 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: IT'S DONE!!!...

lol that sucks... if it was me i probably would have replaced it anyway

Old 04-08-2007, 04:46 AM
1st Gear

Check the one way valves which are on the vacuum system. I think there are 4.

Old 04-08-2007, 04:47 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: BadLuckAudi

lol that sucks... if it was me i probably would have replaced it anyway
That's what I did. The first thing I did on the car was the Tbelt. Opened it up and saw that it was replaced. Decided to do it anyway as I didn't know when it was done.

Old 04-08-2007, 05:00 AM
4th Gear

Yeah Had I had 90K plus miles I would have done it. I am only in the low 80's so I decided not to.

And I will check those valves. Do you know where they are all at?

Josh

Old 04-08-2007, 05:12 AM

so you went to all the work of ripping the front end off the car, and ended up not replacing the timing belt? I'm sorry but that's not very good logic. you just said yourself, you don't know when it was done. so how long are you going to wait now? the smart thing to do would have been to just change everything while you were in there, so that you KNOW it's been done. you did all the work anyway, might as well get the peace of mind.

I hope for your sake you haven't angered the audi gods by doing what you did.

Old 04-08-2007, 02:09 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: ThePaintballGuy

Yeah Had I had 90K plus miles I would have done it. I am only in the low 80's so I decided not to.

And I will check those valves. Do you know where they are all at?

Josh

There are2 valves under the manifold and one behind it (visible). One just to the back of the air box (visible). They are Black/Gray and tend to rot and leak.

Watch out for the two that seat under the manifold. They were hard to pull out and in the process I managed to break the T connector (crappy plastic) that connects them to the manifold. I got a replacement T connector from pepboys along with some 1/4" tube to replace all the old cracking tubes that were there. It helps if you remove the 3 screws holding the coolant tank and roll the whole thing forward (no need to disconnect anything. Just flip it over).

I'm still trying to find the vacuum diagram on my bently manual. No luck yet.
[/align]

Old 04-08-2007, 04:49 PM
4th Gear

Haha, how did you not know it was already changed....? No records?