Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just installed apr exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 02:04 AM
1st Gear
Default just installed apr exhaust

i was a little worried how this would sound because how good could a 1.8 liter sound. thats why i went with the stealth. it was louder than i thought it would be considering everyone seemed to say that the stealth sounds alot like stock but hell no it doesnt- but i gotta say, i love the way it sounds. i usually hate the way any exhaust sounds on a 4 cyl. but damn. IMHO it sounds just like a g35 coupe stock exhaust- very 'v6' sound. i love it!
[align=left] [/align]

Old 05-08-2007, 02:28 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: just installed apr exhaust

how much u picked it up for?

Old 05-08-2007, 12:55 PM

dude the little rice burners are the only 4 cylinders that sound like tin cans and like the mufflers haverice cookin in em1.8ts can sound pretty frickin sick with a high flow cat ,downpipe and full exhaust they're deep see now wrxs on the other hand r even deeper by far they shake the ground

Old 05-08-2007, 01:42 PM
Site Moderator

The reason ricers sound like ricers is because many of them use their stock 1.5" exhuast piping going into an aftermarket fart can with a 3.5" inlet. If I farted through a straw and used a coffee can to muffle it, it would sound the same.
Congrats on the exhaust though. Ive never heard anyone describe APR as "quiet" or "mild"... Every sound clip ive ever heard sounded very raspy and pretty loud.

Old 05-08-2007, 01:49 PM

haha pretty much.. some idiot i no put nos on his civic stupid in the first place and a waste of money but yea he had stock everything and he was next to me and he floored outta the stop light and i heard thisreally annoying noise behind meeverything blew up and parts went everywhere i laughed haha

Old 05-08-2007, 05:11 PM

hahahahahahahahahahahaha good comparison hahahahahahahahahahaha

Old 05-08-2007, 05:18 PM

btw i was running without an exhaust for a little (my cat broke idk how that happened)... the car sounded insane...it was like one of them biggggg chevy engines with a machine gun firing and a jet engine idling(turbo) it was fun to drive (high end power, very responsive)...my ears were bleeding but it was completely addicting...soon i'm making my down exhaust with a test pipe and straight pipes replacing all the mufflers...

Old 05-08-2007, 08:09 PM
SoCal Crew Member

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

The reason ricers sound like ricers is because many of them use their stock 1.5" exhuast piping going into an aftermarket fart can with a 3.5" inlet. If I farted through a straw and used a coffee can to muffle it, it would sound the same.
Congrats on the exhaust though. Ive never heard anyone describe APR as "quiet" or "mild"... Every sound clip ive ever heard sounded very raspy and pretty loud.
LMFAO!!!

Old 05-08-2007, 08:53 PM
1st Gear

Hey i was thinking about getting the stealth exhaust and was hoping it would sound like the stock G35...any way you could post a clip?

Old 05-09-2007, 12:17 AM
1st Gear

ya i can post a clip. the only reason wrx's sound the way they do is because of the unequal-length exhaust manifold- if you put equal length on it, it would sound like butt. maybe my opinion is different from everyone else's on here but ive heard lots of 1.8t's that sounded like **** to me.
[align=left] [/align]

Quick Reply: just installed apr exhaust