Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just installed MBC and it IS NOT WORKING!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 08:36 PM
4th Gear
Default Just installed MBC and it IS NOT WORKING!!!!

So yeah. I just installed my Turbosmart Gated boost controller and it is NOT working at all. I closed it all the way down and I was still over boosting at 15PSI (and I don't have a chip. so thats bad) and then I turned it all the way up and it STILL over boosts to 15 PSI. I AM PISSED!!!! I can't figure it out. Any ideas? I have the same MBC as Onepoint8Tee and Jeff (i think he has the same one. I NEED HELP!!!

Josh

Old 08-03-2007, 09:08 PM
Default RE: Just installed MBC and it IS NOT WORKING!!!!

Did you install it the right way?

Old 08-03-2007, 09:17 PM
4th Gear

Yeah I am pretty sure I did. There is a Tee piece that is hooked between the Wastegate and the pressure thing on the turbo. Then the 3rd part of the tee goes to the MBC. Then it said something about running another line off the MBC to the exhuast. I am confused by this. I looked at oneppoint8tee's and he had a picture with nothing hooked to the second line so I didn't hook anything to it. Should I have?

Josh

Old 08-03-2007, 09:22 PM
2nd Gear

http://www.turbosmartusa.com/index.p...oad&id=139 follow these instructions kinda easy. follow the arrow. I have the exact same mbc as you.

Old 08-03-2007, 09:31 PM
4th Gear

I did that. Those are the same instructions that I used. I am confused on the Exhaust hose. Where exactly does that hook into? I sound like a retarded n00b!

Josh

Old 08-03-2007, 09:39 PM
2nd Gear

lol don't worry my friend it will soon be sorted out. I did not have enought hose to get mine into the cabin so i havethe controllernear my airbox, i just put the exhaust hose down the side to nowhere. just make sure nothin is kinked, i am starting to think it may be somethin else causeing the issues.
what i did was had the mbc all the way out to boost nothing, and started moving it click by click until i found the happy spot.

Old 08-03-2007, 09:42 PM
2nd Gear

maybe the wastegate is stuck or something?

Old 08-03-2007, 09:47 PM
4th Gear

So if the wastgate is stuck, what does that mean I have to do? New turbo? or what? Man this sucks.

Josh

Old 08-03-2007, 10:21 PM
Site Moderator

I PM'd you. My mbc does basically the same thing. Its pretty much full boost until you turn it down to only 1 or 2 clicks open. Try turning yours all the way down. When mine is turned all the way down, max boost is like 12 psi. CincyTT's brother has this mbc, but didnt experience the same thing. SmokeU and someone elsealso has it. Its working ok for me, lots better than the n75, but i have to adjust my driving style on the highway or else I get throtle cut. Im going to stop recomending it to people though because it seems like most people that get it (excluding cincytt's bro) have problems with it. If you had a chip, thereshould be no problems using it.

Old 08-03-2007, 10:27 PM
4th Gear

Yeah I have turned it all the way down. I turned it to the point that I thought i was going to break it. This is so annoying. Any other ideas on what it could be? Like something other than the MBC?

Josh

Quick Reply: Just installed MBC and it IS NOT WORKING!!!!