Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

K&N

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 02:48 AM
Default K&N

has anybody else had a problem with their k&n air filter getting oil all over their MAF, my MAF could not self clean the oil from it off so i had to take it out. anyone else have this problem

Old 05-08-2007, 03:17 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: K&N

I can just see the flames coming on this one.....

You can clean the MAF btw. Did you put in the cone filter or did you use the drop in? If you put the high air intake (cone filter) in, it should be a lot easier to get to you MAF.

Old 05-08-2007, 08:37 AM
1st Gear

I did have a problem, I put a K&N on my EvoMS intake and the filter was over-oiled right out of the box. It kept throwing me into limp mode (with no CEL). After scanning the car, I found a "car running too rich" DTC. The oiled MAF sensor could not meter the air coming in properly giving me the DTC and the limp mode. I removed excess oil from the filter, changed the MAF sensor and that was the last I heard of it. I ordered an AEM Dryflow air filter, no oil, no problems anymore (I hope).

Old 05-08-2007, 09:52 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

I had to blot the oil out of mine, as well. I got the K&N drop in after my paper one disintigrated[&:] when I took it out to check it. Sometimes, it seems like they just dunk them in oil from the factory. Probably for shipping and storage, since moisture can't penetrate oil, but they really should put something in them to let you know to dry them off a bit before you use them.

Unless, the oil is part of their top secret design... it lubricates the air molecules and makes them flow faster into your engine! I hate it when I have sticky air clogging up my valves, and then I have to take my intake manifold apart and scrape them clean again...

Old 05-08-2007, 10:37 AM

i have the k&n and i have no problems except heat... i think i am goin to have to make a whole box heat shield... + i made my own cold air duct using 3.5 feetofdryer duct and ran it from the bottom of the car straight to the intake...you'll see it in the DIY section soon...

Old 05-08-2007, 11:06 AM
2nd Gear

I jave had no problems with my K&N and next time I clean it I'll dry any excess oil off it. and clean the MAF while I'm at it.

https://www.audiforums.com/m_524354/tm.htm

Old 05-08-2007, 12:13 PM
2nd Gear

I just did my K&N air filter it was crazy oiled by the time it got in the car there was alot less oil on it due to it being all on my hands

Old 05-08-2007, 12:26 PM
1st Gear

Just put my K&N CAI in..seems ok..hopefully it wont mess with my MAF..maybe ill take it out and dry it out a little

Old 05-08-2007, 09:51 PM

its not a cone its just a drop in. and ya ill pry just let it dry out a little. and yes i did take my MAF out and clean it off before putting stuff backtogether.

Old 05-08-2007, 10:28 PM

Just washthe filteroff with dish soap (or any other grease cutting soap) and put it back in. It will be fine after that.