Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KO4 install tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 12:23 AM
2nd Gear
Default KO4 install tomorrow

Im giving my car a week off so i can install this baybe. I also have to send out the ecu, to apparently get the j31 file from giac. Anyone know where i can get injectors for a good price that will work well with the better file?

Old 01-08-2007, 12:24 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: KO4 install tomorrow

Also excuse my ability to spell, more specifically the word baby, haha.

Old 01-08-2007, 12:28 AM
5th Gear

lol sounds like fun i want something to work on lol i dunno about the enjectors maybe ecs or apr good luck with the install

Old 01-08-2007, 12:48 AM
2nd Gear

Also, im opting for the 50 dollar option where i can revert my ecu back to stock from ko4 programing, does anyone know how that works? How do i switch?

Old 01-08-2007, 12:53 AM

you use the flash loader... i have it with mine and i love the feature... i can be driving down the road, under throttle with the chip switcher plugged in under the dash and switch back to stock mode as i pull into the audi dealership for service... life saver... well worth it

Old 01-08-2007, 01:21 AM
2nd Gear

Yah ive seen that, but i dont think its included, becasue like i said, it only says stock programming 50 dollars, but is completely unspecific as too how to switch back and forth, and i dont believe that device is included.

Old 01-08-2007, 01:41 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: khj677turbo

Also, im opting for the 50 dollar option where i can revert my ecu back to stock from ko4 programing, does anyone know how that works? How do i switch?
Wouldn't you run lean if you switched back to normal programing with a K04?

Old 01-08-2007, 01:46 AM
2nd Gear

I dont think so, i know its alot better then running like ko4 programming on ko3.

I also need to know whats a good size injector for the ko4 j31 file.

Old 01-08-2007, 02:43 AM
1st Gear

Did you buy a kit or are you just getting pieces? J31 uses stock injectors with a 5 bar fpr and is not written for other injectors. You replace your stock 4 bar fpr with the 5 bar. The $50stock option with GIAC is a separate chip that plugs into the GIAC daughter board with their encryption chip. You need to take out your ecu and unplug the J31 chip and then plug in the stock chip. Your car will barely run with the stock chip and will probably go into limp mode with only about 5 pounds of boost available. If you go to AWE's site you can see pictures of the daughter board with the encryption chip and their plug in program chip. I have a GIAC J31 chip and I also have the little stock plug in chip, and a K03 chip. It's a pain to change them and they are pretty susceptible to being damaged. You may be able to use their flash loader but it costs a lot more than $50 and their is no real benefit to going back to stock. You will probably need a manual boost controller to limit spikes as J31 will spike at around 30 psig of boost and this will also cause you to go into limp mode. J31 also works best with an fmic as the higher boost causes higher intake air temperatures.

Old 01-08-2007, 02:12 PM
1st Gear

The Flashloader does not appear to be available for 2000 A4's. I would probably just skipthe stock chip optionif I was you as it is not very helpful. Your K04 file is on a separate chip but it won't work without the $400 encryption board. If you ever want to go back to stock, you can pick up a used ecu pretty cheaply and then you don't have to mess with swapping chips out on the boards. I had a pin break on the GIAC board and I had to buy a whole encryption board as no one would repair the broken socket.

Quick Reply: KO4 install tomorrow