Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let the modding begin...

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 03:21 AM
1st Gear
Default Let the modding begin...

Alright guys it's time to start spending all of my money on the car. I plan on going in a few days to get the GIAC chip put in and the Forge 007 DV. Also gonna get a boost gague put on. I wanted to know if my car will be fine with just these few mods to begin. Realistically, within the next 2-4 months, I'll be adding an intake and exhaust. Would keeping my car chipped be a bad idea with nothing else or does anyone here just run a chip with no other mods? I wanted to know if I was doing anything out of order or if chipping my car would harm it without anything else done to it. Am I on the right track? [sm=helpout.gif]

Old 07-18-2005, 03:27 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: Let the modding begin...

the chip by itself is fine, it won't harm your car at all...it should always be the first mod IMO...i would get an exhaust before the intake

Old 07-18-2005, 03:32 AM
Administrator

the chip and DV is fine by itself and an exhuast will help

Old 07-18-2005, 03:51 AM
1st Gear

Alright thanks. Would the car be alright for a few months without the exhaust? I have also been reading that chips will turn the boost way up on the stock K03 turbo. 'The engine will work harder' says the GIAC website. How harmful will adding a chip be to my car? I don't want to crank up boost ridiculously on a small stock turbo and ruin it.

Old 07-18-2005, 03:55 AM
Administrator

u dont even need an exhaust
it will increase the boost but you should be alrite if u do proper turbo maintance
like proper warm up and proper cool downs

Old 07-18-2005, 04:08 AM
1st Gear

Explain to me what poper turbo maintenance is? I don't want to rush into buying a chip and then mess up my engine. Anyone have just a chip on their car for a long time? Chipping sounds a bit dangerous for the engine.

The disclaimer makes me a bit uneasy. http://www.giacusa.com/disclaimer.php

Old 07-18-2005, 04:12 AM
3rd Gear

It is NOT a problem at all. Lots of people run a chipped ECU with stock exhaust.
Obviously an aftermarket would help, but its fine without.
Ive been running APR 93 oct for about a year now with stock exhuast... no problems.

Old 07-18-2005, 04:15 AM
5th Gear

turbos just need to be warmed up and cooled down, just like your engine, but it's more critical for the turbo...a turbo timer is an excellent mod to think about if you're chipped and you plan on driving it hard

Old 07-18-2005, 04:16 AM
1st Gear

What else have you done to your car Dave?

Old 07-18-2005, 04:30 AM
1st Gear

Does anyone reccomend a specific turbo timer? I found this one here which seems to be a good deal compared to others. http://www.2kracing.com/product_info...roducts_id=960 Found another one but what's the difference? http://www.modacar.com/products/Audi...pe-1+Turb.html Will I actually use any of this stuff on the HKS one?

Quick Reply: Let the modding begin...