Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking into Navi System for 02 A4

Old 04-08-2006, 10:52 PM
1st Gear
Default Looking into Navi System for 02 A4

What would be the best for my car. I want in dash, no question. I would also like the ability to watch DVD's on it. I was thinking about the Audi navigation system but was unsure if it could play dvd movies. Anyone who had an aftermarket navi system install please relay your feedback.
Thanks.

Old 04-09-2006, 12:09 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Looking into Navi System for 02 A4

The factory nav for 02 definatly wont play dvds. The unit mounts in the trunk and uses the cluster and radio to guide you to your location.

Old 04-09-2006, 03:19 AM
2nd Gear

try looking at the after market units. Pioneer is my personal favorite. Goes for about 2K with flip out touchscreen and DVD playback.

Old 04-09-2006, 04:06 AM
2nd Gear

Yeah I dont like the flip up ones, I have a garmin palm navigation and it works great. It isnt in dash, but I can take it anywhere any car, or use it to navigate a city on foot. But then again you want indash. Look at the nav+ unit, not an easy install I hear but still worthy of a look.

Old 04-09-2006, 07:03 AM
1st Gear

Thanks for the feedback. I've searched almost everywhere and can't find solid specs on the 02-05 Audi Nav+ or the newer Audi Nav+ (possibly A6 version). I have seen 2 different ones on ebay. The first being the one that is said to be for my car (B6 02-05) and a supposedly newer one that has 2 SD slots and a DVD drive. Now my three main questions are. Will both fit in my 02 B6 A4? Can either play dvd's by just putting the dvd right in the drive, if not, then how can dvds be played, and Finally, is installation that difficult, is it worth getting it installed by Audi, how much would that be around?

Thanks
Ryan

Old 04-09-2006, 05:17 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: 02A418T

Thanks for the feedback. I've searched almost everywhere and can't find solid specs on the 02-05 Audi Nav+ or the newer Audi Nav+ (possibly A6 version). I have seen 2 different ones on ebay. The first being the one that is said to be for my car (B6 02-05) and a supposedly newer one that has 2 SD slots and a DVD drive. Now my three main questions are. Will both fit in my 02 B6 A4? Can either play dvd's by just putting the dvd right in the drive, if not, then how can dvds be played, and Finally, is installation that difficult, is it worth getting it installed by Audi, how much would that be around?

Thanks
Ryan

I saw one on ebay for my b5 that had 2 sd slots. I think they may play dvds but probly not good quality. The install will be extensive from what I hear.

Old 04-10-2006, 02:49 AM
1st Gear

everything u need to know is on here www.navplus.us. the install from what i understand is the easiest thing in the world. remove current radio with radio keys, plug in new harnesses slide new Audi nav in and VAG-COM your car to work with the new nav. ive spent a lot of time researchin this kinds stuff. i think a guy named PROXUS on that forum, ive also seen him on here, sells the units. but again when u have free time look throught that website ull find a lot of cool info. have any other questions let me know

Old 04-10-2006, 03:27 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: 02A4_B6

everything u need to know is on here www.navplus.us. the install from what i understand is the easiest thing in the world. remove current radio with radio keys, plug in new harnesses slide new Audi nav in and VAG-COM your car to work with the new nav. ive spent a lot of time researchin this kinds stuff. i think a guy named PROXUS on that forum, ive also seen him on here, sells the units. but again when u have free time look throught that website ull find a lot of cool info. have any other questions let me know
Yup. He's also on Audizine.com too .

I think he has one for sale there. Its the RSN-E . Its DVD based.

about 2K

Old 04-10-2006, 03:44 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Dave666

Yup. He's also on Audizine.com too .

I think he has one for sale there. Its the RSN-E . Its DVD based.

about 2K
Last time I checked,
~ $1550 for the RNS-E unit with Harness & everything.
~ $720 for Bluetooth Setup
~ $420 for External DVD player Interface
=> alex@proxus.com

Old 04-10-2006, 12:23 PM
2nd Gear

How hard is it to do the wireharness? is it a complete new or just an adapter for the stock one? Also there is running the antenna for the satelite. Im sure your right in its ease, but then again b6 and b5 (what I was looking at) may be different.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking into Navi System for 02 A4