Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for OEM 17inch five spoke wheels

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 02:06 PM
Default Looking for OEM 17inch five spoke wheels

I'm new to this forum, and actually new to the world of being an Audi owner. Last week I purchased a 2003 A4 1.8T from a private seller in my hometown. Great deal. only 21k miles on it plus carfax checked out and even informed me that it still has a factory warranty on it for a few months.

Now...my dilemma.

It came with the 15inch OEM wheels. I hate them...it makes the car look like something a grandmother would drive and it takes away from the sporty look.

I am searching for the OEM wheels that come on the A4 1.8T sport package..the 17inch 5-spoke wheels. Does anyone have these or can anyone point me in the right direction without going to the dealership and paying dearly for them? Willing to purchase just the rims or rims and tires (if they arent' worn down too much).

Also, does anyone know a good Xenon/H.I.D conversion kit that will not interfere with the on-board computer system?

Thanks,
J.D.

Old 02-15-2007, 02:29 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Looking for OEM 17inch five spoke wheels

ebay - lots of OEM rims that people have replaced are selling there

then sell your rims on ebay make some $$ back

Visionbulbs.com for all you HID needs - tell them you belong here and you can get a set for $200

Old 02-15-2007, 04:16 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Audi1.8TForMe

I'm new to this forum, and actually new to the world of being an Audi owner. Last week I purchased a 2003 A4 1.8T from a private seller in my hometown. Great deal. only 21k miles on it plus carfax checked out and even informed me that it still has a factory warranty on it for a few months.

Now...my dilemma.

It came with the 15inch OEM wheels. I hate them...it makes the car look like something a grandmother would drive and it takes away from the sporty look.

I am searching for the OEM wheels that come on the A4 1.8T sport package..the 17inch 5-spoke wheels. Does anyone have these or can anyone point me in the right direction without going to the dealership and paying dearly for them? Willing to purchase just the rims or rims and tires (if they arent' worn down too much).

Also, does anyone know a good Xenon/H.I.D conversion kit that will not interfere with the on-board computer system?

Thanks,
J.D.
I think there are a couple wheels that fit your general description -- have a pic of the specific model you're after?

Also -- might want to look here: http://www.wheelcollision.com/audi4.htm

Old 02-15-2007, 11:51 PM

I find myself hesitant of buying the rims off eBay as all of them are replicas of the Factory OEM wheels. But I will continue to search, still snowing and inclement weather up ahead so I am looking to buy the rims after the snow is gone and salt is completely off the roads.

Next, do you have the Visionbulb conversion kit....or, more importantly, do you know if it will interfere with my factory on-board computer??

Old 02-16-2007, 02:50 AM
3rd Gear

This is the kind of thing that I am talking about
HERE
These might end up costing near $1000 - Longer you wait the more expensive the rims will get on Ebay. A lot of people are just like you, they are waiting till spring to get a new set - well stock rims are very nice to have as an upgrade. The reverse happens around september and october - no one is buying rims then (thats when I got mine)

Old 02-16-2007, 03:28 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: akielb

HERE
These might end up costing near $1000 - Longer you wait the more expensive the rims will get on Ebay. A lot of people are just like you, they are waiting till spring to get a new set - well stock rims are very nice to have as an upgrade. The reverse happens around september and october - no one is buying rims then (thats when I got mine)
I sold mine to a buyer in Seattle about 3 months ago and he paid $1,100 total. (Shipping included)
I took that money and went from this:

To this......

Old 02-16-2007, 05:49 AM
5th Gear

good god man I love your car with those wheels

Old 02-16-2007, 06:35 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: BadLuckAudi

good god man I love your car with those wheels
Thanks!

....and I make absolutely no qualms whatsoever about whoring pics of my car whenever possible.
I am a self-admitted, self-aware, pic-*****.

Old 02-16-2007, 09:25 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: akielb

HERE
He's right on the timing with the wheels.

Two years ago I got a set of excellent condition 17" Audi Tocatta wheels with nearly new summer performance skins on them, and a set of 16" Mille Miglia Spiders (a bit more used though) with Blizzaks on them (one set summer+one set winter=the ****). Both SETS were a total of $700.

Old 02-16-2007, 10:37 AM
3rd Gear

That is a beautiful ride - what are those?

Quick Reply: Looking for OEM 17inch five spoke wheels