Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
looks
21.43%
performance
78.57%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

looks or go fast??????????

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 10:53 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: looks or go fast??????????

a nice well rounded car, in both categories.. enough power to hold its own.. and enough looks to turn heads and get compliments

Old 06-19-2007, 12:06 PM
1st Gear

The answer to the thread title is yes, lol.
what does looking "fast" mean to everyone....

why cant you make a car look "nice" or "classy"....

take my "whack *** 2.8" for example, it has the stock body all the way around... just because you lower it and put rims on it does not mean your trying to "look fast." I simply wanted to make it look "nicer" while at the same time i whoop up on 1.8's all the time.

I used to be speed, now im more into luxury-sport... something luxurious that handles well.. perfect car for that is my audi.
Exactly.
Aristotle answered this question a few thousand years ago: The law of the golden mean. Or as his mentor Plato put it,"If we disregard due proportion by giving anything what is too much for it; too much canvas to a boat, too much nutriment to a body, too much authority to a soul, the consequence is always shipwreck."

I think the best car is the one that is balanced in all aspects. A car that sounds good (and I'm not talking about that lawnmower ****, I'm talking audio), looks good, and drives good. A car that is fast as hell, but looks like crap and has no audio, I have no respect for. Similarly, I do not respect a car that looks beautiful but can't accelerate at all, or a car with a $2500 sound system that looks like it came from a junk yard. And by good looking, I mean the "classy" type of look, not "trying to look fast," which I don't fully understand.

I just got a stock 2001 1.8, and my first things on my "to upgrade list" are a GIAC chip, a new paint job, and a new sound system. After that, there are more upgrades to both the performance, as well as sight and sound of the car. That is how I see my car being the best I can make of it, and the most balanced. If I wanted a race car, I would have bought a race car.

Old 06-19-2007, 01:51 PM
4th Gear

Both, but performance first.
Luckily the audi responds well to both.
I think the audi is one of the few cars you can make look hot, and not have to worry too much abouthow fast it is. People will still drool over a hot looking audi even if its not fast.
But still, if you donthave a 2.8,you really need to get some ***** first,and the things that do both are always great, soanytime you can addwheels, brakes, suspension, exhaust, fmic, these all accomplish both aspects.

So, chip it first, so you can run circles around ateurv8, because you will, then go for mods that do both.

Old 06-19-2007, 07:53 PM
1st Gear

I would say looks first followed very closely by performance. the most i'm gonna do for looks is lower and get some nicer (not flashy) & slight bigger rims, also might replace the front striped grill with a mesh grill. performance wise - chip & exhaust, right now its getting a new clutch and belts. My car may not need to get some of the flashy stuff due to its um unique coloring

Oh this picture is from this year and its a 2000

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...8cf7cbb2f3.jpg

Old 06-19-2007, 08:02 PM

27 said "Performance" - 9 said "Looks" I'd venture to say that the majority of "older" folks here chose "Looks".

I agree with the car needing to be balanced. Personally, my first focus is on looks as i'm too old to be scooting around at top speed anymore. Back in the day, yes; but not now.

If someone breaks their neck looking at my car as i go by (even at 55mph); then to me that is satisfying.

Old 06-19-2007, 08:12 PM
1st Gear

Thats awesome. I have a Talon with just over 390-410whp. i'm trying to sell it for an '02 quattro 1.8T then eventually bump it up to similar numbers.

Old 06-19-2007, 09:18 PM
1st Gear

I bought my audi as a daily driver because it was a was a car that is smooth to drive and has a little sporty side. its not a 300hp evo or an a8, its a good entry into the luxury sportmarket. If it was not my daily driver so I could spend some time wrenching on it I would go for performance all the way, then go for the looks, oh yeah and if I had the green. The car looks better that 90% of the cars on the road stock so I plan performance first.

Old 06-19-2007, 09:56 PM
1st Gear

Great input guys. I am pretty much as far as I can go with out going bigger turbo which is why I am building an engine for a BIGGER turbo. You guys make a good point and I feel the same way. Dont make it look fast if its not. I mean if you look at my sig I have some things done to the engine and I still have trouble keeping up with an SRT4 or its equal. I cant settle with that. For those that say its a luxury car and leave itthats true but I think eurocodetuning says it the best "where luxury meets performance" Audi does this better than ANYONE out there IMO. With a little care these cars can be sexy a## rockets

Old 06-19-2007, 10:16 PM
1st Gear

Im all about looks, If I was lookn to get a fast car i wouldnt of got an audi.

Old 06-19-2007, 10:33 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: CTown

Im all about looks, If I was lookn to get a fast car i wouldnt of got an audi.
the a4 can be fast and besides that there are some fast audis out there

Quick Reply: looks or go fast??????????