Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lost a bunch of undercarriage parts.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 05:58 PM
1st Gear
Default Lost a bunch of undercarriage parts.....

So I live in Seattle but closer towards the mountains and we had like 14 inches of snow and of course i took my quattro out and beat the **** out of it. But my question is there is a lower cold air intake for something that is not for my actual intake and i lost the plumbing for it on my late night snowy adventure. Does anyone know what this is i have a 97 2.8 . I also lost my plastic undercover and i wanna know if i should get a new one or if its fine without it.... I have a feeling that lower plastic plumbing is for like a cold air system for the oil pan or something but my car is lowered on race springs so i cant really get under there to see. Any info would help fellas...

Old 11-27-2006, 06:07 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Lost a bunch of undercarriage parts.....

Not sure what you are talking about when you say lower cold air intake.

The stock cold air intake comes in from the grill back to the airbox.

Yes, replace the bellypan, it protects the engine components from excessive water and snow getting in the engine compartment.

And also protects you from these....

BTW, I love your forum name. Funny.

Old 11-27-2006, 06:26 PM
1st Gear

I actually figured out the lower intake its a cold air setup for the alternator....Wierd Huh???? Yeah the alternator has a cold air setup for itself that leads to a sealed plastic case around its back. I know.....WTF??? And ill find a bellypan for it any ideas where to get a new one on the net???

Old 11-27-2006, 06:34 PM

I've been running w/out the lower skidplate and have been fine, however, I'm not sure what plumibing you are talking about. I wish I was still back there, because here in Billings, it isn't snowing yet, and I want to go play with my car! All my friends from there keep calling and complaining about it!

18ValvesBehind, do you work at a Dealership next to Bent Bike of Hwy 99?

Old 11-27-2006, 06:36 PM
1st Gear

ITs a lower plastic plumbing system that comes in through the bottom of the bumper and leads to the back of the alternator to keep it cool. Its just a wierd audi thing im probably not even going to replace it. Check out my other post its my car in my driveway in like 7 inches of snow.

Old 11-27-2006, 06:37 PM
1st Gear

BTW yeah i do its a used car lot Carson Cars nest to bent bike are you a seattleite???

Old 11-27-2006, 06:44 PM

From there. I came down there prob 4 months ago and test drove the red 2.0 bug with my Girlfriend, we ended up buying a black one, but at the time I had just bought my A4 and we BS'ed about them for a while, don't know if you recall or not.

Old 11-27-2006, 07:57 PM

yeah just admit you were looking for a bug, its fine, we will still accept you, j/k so 50% chane of snow tomorrow with a high or 13 degrees, chances of hitting up parking lots for donuts are looking good

Old 11-27-2006, 08:13 PM

Nice try JP, You know the EX has a beetle.... assclown.

I hope we get snow.... Tandem Drifting with Silver A4's!

Old 11-27-2006, 08:23 PM
1st Gear

How'd you lose the plastic pieces?? What'd ya hit?

I'm in Everett every weekend pretty much but right now up in Van, BC we're plowin thru 10" to 15" of the white stuff.

Quick Reply: Lost a bunch of undercarriage parts.....