Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

manual boost controller

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 10:55 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: manual boost controller

The N75 is certainly not dumb if a mbc is smart... At least the N75 will protect some noobs or people without experience in tuning from killing their car. If you have BT plans then it wont hurt if you have it adjuseted right... or even if you dont have BT plans.. But I have read about a lot of people killing their turbo and sometimes engine from playing with their mbc just for fun... They'd turn it up to 25 psi "just for fun"..."just for a little bit." What im tryin to say is that a mbc is nothing to **** around with much on a k03 if you dont have BT plans and are an unexperienced tuner who doesnt have enough money to fix their mistakes.

Old 05-17-2006, 11:03 PM
3rd Gear

I would not say the N75 is a dumb mod BUT I would say a MBC is better. The N75 valve only gives you a few more psi until peak boost then tapers off to chipped boost levels. A MBC will hold the psi at you setting period, that's why it's better. Like onepoint8tee said it's not for dummies.........It's for DSMers j/k

Old 05-17-2006, 11:25 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: Beer Mod

I would not say the N75 is a dumb mod BUT I would say a MBC is better. The N75 valve only gives you a few more psi until peak boost then tapers off to chipped boost levels. A MBC will hold the psi at you setting period, that's why it's better. Like onepoint8tee said it's not for dummies.........It's for DSMers j/k

im all about manual boost controllers and SAFC's. lol...my senior quote was "DSM fo' life"...and im being serious too lol

Old 05-17-2006, 11:36 PM
Site Moderator

The N75 valve only gives you a few more psi until peak boost then tapers off to chipped boost levels.
Mine holds between 18-20psi and doesnt taper off till i let off.. That is still a good point though, a mbc will deffinately be more accurate and eliminate all spiking. Does the mbc affect the way you feel the boost come on? Or is that why you keep the n75 plugged in and it wont be a different feeling?? I dont know if that makes sense, but when i got my n75 race, it changed the way the boost came on like a hell of a lot smoother.

Old 05-17-2006, 11:47 PM
3rd Gear

^^^ Yes it will change because a MBC will not open till it get to the preset boost. That means you get to full boost faster than before because your wastegate in factory form will actualy start to open pre-fullboost!!

I bought into the N75 valve thing (for fear of the factory plug in) but now the new car thing has worn off I plan on going to a MBC.....

Old 05-17-2006, 11:50 PM
Site Moderator

^^^ Yes it will change because a MBC will not open till it get to the preset boost. That means you get to full boost faster than before because your wastegate will actualy start to open pre-fullboost!!

I bought into the N75 valve thing (for fear of the factory plug in) but now the new car thing has worn off I plan on going to a MBC.....
ME TOO!!!! An interior mbc sounds like fun but a pita to hook up. Thats a good next cheap mod for me...

Old 05-18-2006, 12:01 AM
3rd Gear

Never done the in cab thing. On my DSM I just routed it to an easy place under the hood but, then again I never had an electronic one either.....BLING BLING!!!

Old 05-18-2006, 12:05 AM
Site Moderator

Never done the in cab thing. On my DSM I just routed it to an easy place under the hood but, then again I never had an electronic one either.....BLING BLING!!!
So you are thinking about going electric??? How are the regular forge one's from ecs ?? Im about to research em, but what have you found so far thats good? anything?

Old 05-18-2006, 12:09 AM
3rd Gear

I plan on going with the turboXS MBC and leaving it under the hood. Look on ebay they are new for like 75$ shipped.

Old 05-18-2006, 12:19 AM
Site Moderator

Hmmm so will a regular mbc like the forge cause spiking??

Quick Reply: manual boost controller