Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More on Stages

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 04:53 PM
Default More on Stages

ok so i was looking a chips and what not and how they say stage 1 stage III and all that ok i get the part about Stage 1 chip Stage 2 chip + exhaust ok but lets say you take a stock car and buy one of these chip's will you get more HP out of stage 1,2,3 ect. without doing anything else if so how much of a difference is it and if there are minor mods like exhaust what are they and how much will you gain?????

Old 11-29-2007, 04:59 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: More on Stages

not everyones stages are the same as others. Its just a break down or classification or there upgrades. I wouldnt get to hung up on names.

Old 11-30-2007, 01:59 PM

so it doesnt matter what stage it is there all gonna give you the same amount of power

Old 11-30-2007, 02:09 PM
2nd Gear

naw, its like if say mazda has a car with a X, XR, or XRT option, its the bottom, middle, and top possibility. But it doesnt mean that the ford car with X, XR, or XRT will be the same.

Old 11-30-2007, 02:15 PM

ok ok i got it... ok so lets say i pick Unitronic if they have stages or better yet APR if i get the stage 2 will that give me more power than the stage 1?

Old 11-30-2007, 02:20 PM
4th Gear

most of them are just a particular package...
like stage 1 would be a chip
stage 2 would be a chip, exhaust, intake, perhaps injectors
stage3 would be all of the above and a turbo upgrade

like was said, dont concentrate on the name, because not all companies are on the same level with their stages, concentrate on performance figures
it was created for people that dont know what they are actually doing to their car, to find ways of comparing it to other cars

Old 12-01-2007, 12:37 AM

yeah thats what im saying im trying to figure out the performance figures? im not going off of the name just whitch one will give me the most performance

Old 12-01-2007, 12:58 AM
Tech Guru

ORIGINAL: A4Boy90

ok so i was looking a chips and what not and how they say stage 1 stage III and all that ok i get the part about Stage 1 chip Stage 2 chip + exhaust ok but lets say you take a stock car and buy one of these chip's will you get more HP out of stage 1,2,3 ect. without doing anything else if so how much of a difference is it and if there are minor mods like exhaust what are they and how much will you gain?????
first off what yr is your car, cause apr has stage 1 and stage 1+
stage 1 is just the ecu upgrade, but 1+ is that plus some, but only the b6's can get that........

if you are looking at say apr, they give hp figures based on their stages.... if that answers your question

but also, about everyones(besides neuspeed) will give you about the 205 hp mark.... exhaust won't give you alot of power, but more sound and make your turbo breath better, same with intake

if you want the noticable power, get a dp/tp... and get rid of your resinator.... maybe even a hf muffler

Old 12-02-2007, 06:54 PM

Question: Does staging apply to NA engines as well? Not that it really matters - but since i have the speedtuning chip, along with a magnaflow exhaust on my 2.8, then "technically" i should be Stage 2.

Or would i only be Stage 1 given that i just have the magnaflow muffler installed after the mid-muffler with no custom piping to the cats?

I don't go around touting i'm this "stage" or that, but i was just curious if NA engines apply.

Old 12-02-2007, 08:16 PM

ORIGINAL: turbo kraut

first off what yr is your car,
its a 97 ........ i want the most power i can get and quickbecause for my birthday and christmas im getting a chip and exhaust but i have to find out what kind i want and i want the one that will give me the most power... and isaw everyone talkin about well i have a stage 1 wish i could ofgotten the stage 3 so i was just wondering witch one would be the best i had decided on GIAC but thats to hard to find for mine....oh i also wanted to know because i have a up coming race with this ugly lime green honda at my school and i cant beat him stock even thoughif itsnow's iwill havean advantage