Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motherf*cking wheels

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 01:53 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Motherf*cking wheels

ORIGINAL: cyberlogicx

I got it off. I did the f*cking insane way! I loosened my lug bolts a turn and went for a spin around the block. **** yeah! Didn't help me with the caps, though. I'm thinking of taking a dremel to them. The two pliers thing didn't work, though, and now it's leaking...
I hate to say itbut that was extremely stupid to do. Thats an excellent way to warp a hub.
Next time you get a stuck wheel take off all the lugs, then screw one back in just a couple of threads, jack up the car and crawl under the car and either use a hammer or kick alternating sides of the wheel as laser viking said.

Old 09-16-2007, 02:02 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

ORIGINAL: auditech79

I hate to say itbut that was extremely stupid to do. Thats an excellent way to warp a hub.
Next time you get a stuck wheel take off all the lugs, then screw one back in just a couple of threads, jack up the car and crawl under the car and either use a hammer or kick alternating sides of the wheel as laser viking said.
I know it was stupid, but after wedging my jack in between the frame and the wheel and trying to pop it off that way, and that failed. Desperate times call for desperate measures! Besides, I only loosened them by a half turn each, that was enough to break it free. Probably drove a total of 1000 feet, too. It's all good.

Old 09-16-2007, 02:16 PM
Site Moderator

Having just one lug loose is enough to warp a hub by a little bit. I just hope you don't develop a brake pedal pulsation. If the brake pedal starts pulsing, you should replace the brake rotors and the affected hub.

Old 09-16-2007, 02:30 PM
Site Moderator

An old mechanic told me the losen the lug nut(s) and drive around the block trick a long time ago. I even recomended it to someone on here a while back, but yeah, its not wise. Ive always just taken a seat on the ground and kicked the wheels till they come off if they were stuck.

Old 09-16-2007, 02:43 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

That's why I drove at 15 mph and didn't go cruising down the Pike. My wheel will never be stuck again, though. Totally used LPS #3 on it.

Old 09-16-2007, 04:02 PM
1st Gear

sounds like some thing that be solved with a BFH

Old 09-16-2007, 04:12 PM

Ivest in a rubber mallet and include it with your spare kit. Kicking took me 30 minutes and a sore leg one time when the wheel was rusted on but alternating side to side, top to bottom, did it for me. I have two Audi's so I can empathise, a couple flats in my days made me break a few sweats on the side of the road.
As for the stem cap, maybe try drilling it out with a fine needle bit (or the dremel). Good luck.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 09-16-2007, 04:33 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

Yeah, about the hammer, I used a 12lb sledge and a bit of wood. If that didn't do it, a pathetic mallet won't do it. Aluminum wheels should never be mounted on cast iron hubs if you live in a corossive environment such as New England...

Old 09-16-2007, 04:50 PM
1st Gear

bummer man. if a 12lb sledge wont get it off then I am not sure what you could use. good luck man

Old 09-16-2007, 06:01 PM
5th Gear

next time, hook ur wheel up to a tiedown thingy that has a ratchet thingy on it. hook one side to a huge tree or something solid. then start clicking away. that has solved alot of problems for me

Quick Reply: Motherf*cking wheels