Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My A4 is a cop magnet

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 04:56 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: My A4 is a cop magnet

You must just have bad luck. I drive a 4.2 A6 with suspension, wheels, exhaust, front german plate, tinted and I have never been pulled over. Don't get pulled over too many more times or you will never be able to get insurance again.

Old 07-28-2007, 04:57 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: yumunsky

hey **** happens when youre young and drive a nice car... its a gift and a curse.
/especially if youre a minority
//well worth the price

Please don't pull the minority card...

Old 07-28-2007, 06:42 PM
1st Gear

That sucks man, I hate BS tickets. I used to drive around a red MR2 which is a two seater sports car. You would think it would draw attention from cops right? Well I never got pulled over and I have a lead foot. But I drive a white 95 Monte Carlo and I get pulled over for making a left turn onto a main road at 2 AM (got it voided) and again for following my friend down the freeway because I didnt know where we were going; so I stayed behind him, at least 3 car lengths behind. The cop followed us for miles before deciding to pull us both over and ticket us. Both within two months. I've been lucky so far in my A4, I've been driving around for 2 months with temp tags haha. (the company I bought the car from never sent over the title)

Old 07-28-2007, 08:49 PM

I'm 22 and both my friends who got pulled over are 23. I guess you could consider that young adult? But yea, I dunno what the deal is, just seems like I've been getting tagged a lot lately cause someone is bored..lol

Old 07-28-2007, 08:57 PM
4th Gear

Sucks.[>:]

Old 07-28-2007, 10:13 PM
4th Gear

Old 07-28-2007, 10:44 PM
1st Gear

Sorry to hear about the tickets.

ORIGINAL: audi_98_a4

I'll have to agree with you. All I have is tint and a german plate on the front and I get crap from cops all the time. Just face it, It's because we drive nicer cars than they ever will. They have to take it out on somebody.
Not sure what area you're from, but most cops around here drive some pretty nice cars. Quite a few of the cops that I work with (I'm not a cop) drive $40k+ cars, and they've only been on the force for a couple years.

Last time I got pulled over, was back in October, couple weeks after I had bought my Mercedes CLK55 AMG. I was going about 53 in a 35mph zone. The cop pulled me over, and asked if I had just bought the car, because my plate was still registered to the old car I traded in. He then went on to tell me that he loved my car, and asked me if I had done all those mods (which I did), and I proceeded to give him a tour of the car. He told me how he bought a new Corvette two weeks ago, and we talked about cars a bit. He never mentioned my speeding, just told me to have a nice day and take care.

I'm the same age as the original poster. May be the "Support Your Local Police" sticker that I have on my license plate helps... altough its technically not legal to have anything covering your license plate, and that sticker (looks like a sheriffs badge) covers up a third of my plate.

Old 07-28-2007, 10:57 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

The 5-0 around here is afraid to give me a ticket, because I don't look white, or black, or latino, or canadian!

Old 07-28-2007, 11:40 PM

gotten pulled over once in my a4. my friend must have turned on the rear fog light because i never use it and the cop thought i had one tail light out. cop didn't even get out of the car. just pulled up next to me and told me about it.

however i have escaped fate many times and gone flying out of my neighborhood only to hear on my radio 5 minutes later the police being dispatched to a silver car driving at highway speeds in my neighborhood. other times i have returned home after a 10 minute run out to find a cop waiting at the entrance to my development.

maybe it's time for a radar detector

Old 07-28-2007, 11:55 PM
2nd Gear

Wow that is outrageous. So many cops are on powertrips its unreal. They should focus on actaully stopping crime and preventing accidents not this bullshit.

Quick Reply: My A4 is a cop magnet