Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Audi purchase over the weekend.

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 10:24 PM
1st Gear
Default My Audi purchase over the weekend.

Well im quite excited to own my first Audi. I have to admit i test drove a Acura TL type S also... but i refused to buy something with such hideous wheels on it even if it was just for a week till i order some new wheels... for-get-it! I went to the Los Angeles county auction and there was **** there. And then found myself at a dealership in Orange County. Its not excatly what i wanted but god knows if i got a turbo... i would have modded the hell out of it and im trying to keep from doing exactly that. My last car... turbo integra had much too much money dropped into it and thats why i sold it... i need to put my money toward investments and not my car at this time. I purchased a...

97 Audi A4 2.8 V6
Navy Blue with a Cream leather and black accents. It came with 18 inch TSW... forgot the name of them but they look like retarded starfish. And a nice Eclipse deck and changer. It had 90K on the clock and i picked it up for...$5800.00 which i feel was quite a bargain.
I will be repainting it within a month or so to a jet black with bronze mettalic, as well as putting in another alarm in place of whats in there now. I dont have plans to make this car fast... I just want to drop it, a new set of wheels, and a Remus exhaust to finish up the rear end. A custom stereo will be built when i get a chance from work.

Now i have a question.. which i will start to research on here in a second... but these 18's seem to hit ever once in a blue moon just from looking at the tires i can tell from the little cuts in them. What size are the people running that have a slight tuck to their wheels? I want my tire .5-1 inch tucked in my wells. Ill roll the fenders prolly tonight... but i need another set of wheels soon and i want to figure out the size asap. Also! my car gets loooooose its such a trip to drive this thing when im use to the integra's suspension.. i swear i hit a bump on the freeway and i feel like the rear end is gonna slip out from under me. Is this typical? Obvioulsy ill do the shock and spring combo but feedback on this would be nice as well... im sure i cant be the only one who has experienced this.

Again as always... your insite and help is appreciated and looks like ill be around for a while since this is now my car. Ill have pics soon.. but my cam got stolen when my house was robbed last week.... so im waiting for my new cam to come in, as soon as its here ill take a few pics.

Oh yeah.... ill reasearch this also but how the hell can i recharge my ac myself? is there any DIY links on the net?