Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is my car a LEMON???

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 12:06 PM
Default is my car a LEMON???

I recently purchased a used 2004 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro from a dealer in New Jersey. The car had a little over 17,000 miles on it when I bought it back in May of this year. Before I purchased the car, the clutch was replaced because after test driving it, I knew something was wrong. Then, about a month later, Audi replaced the entire transmission due to a strange sound in first gear. Also at that time, the windows were acting up. I was told it was fixed at the dealer the same time the transmission was replaced. Then, about 3 weeks later I noticed my driver's door wasn't lined up with the front fender or rear door and my front two tires had extremely unusual wear on them for a car with 17,000 miles. Then, later that day my hazards turned on by themselves, the horn fails to function, the interior dome lights stay on contantly, the dome light switch triggers my radio to turn on, the signals fail to flash when I lock or unlock the car, and the audible noise confirmation beepwhen I lock the car is gone. I'm starting to think that this car is a Lemon and am exteremely frustrated with it. Do you think these problems should be happening with a car that has less than 20,000 miles on it? Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks.

Old 08-13-2007, 12:18 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: is my car a LEMON???

with major things like that happening yeah, it sounds like a lemon - but if you get everything fixed under warranty then who cares

Old 08-13-2007, 12:22 PM

Ive seen clutches burn out in much less miles but that was human need for speed but the things you have going on with a fairly new car and low miles I would be thinking it has been in an accident and would have it checked out

Old 08-13-2007, 12:26 PM
2nd Gear

I agree, it sounds like it has definatly been in an accident and wasn't put back together good. You should check into the lemon laws of your state.

Old 08-13-2007, 01:54 PM
1st Gear

if you really want to know if its a lemon which it sounds like it is do a carfax report on it and that should tell you what happened to it.

Old 08-13-2007, 02:01 PM

I did have a carfax report generated before purchasing the car. The carfax came back completely clean, so that's why I bought it. I was told it looked like it had been in an accident by another Audi dealer due tore-painting in certain areas of the car,but the dealer I purchased it from claims it wasn't and it was bought from Audi of America. He said that if it was in an accident they would know about it and would not have sold the car. But, with all of these problems occurring on such a low mileage, fairly new car who knows.

Old 08-13-2007, 02:04 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: jasmoss

I did have a carfax report generated before purchasing the car. The carfax came back completely clean, so that's why I bought it. I was told it looked like it had been in an accident by another Audi dealer due tore-painting in certain areas of the car,but the dealer I purchased it from claims it wasn't and it was bought from Audi of America. He said that if it was in an accident they would know about it and would not have sold the car. But, with all of these problems occurring on such a low mileage, fairly new car who knows.
yea idk then thats wierd but it still could have been in an actcident and it was never reported to carfax...this is really wierd.

Old 08-13-2007, 02:18 PM

yeah I know. I would have never expected a car this new would have such serious problems, unless it was in an accident. However, either the dealer is straight up lying to my face or this is just a lemon that has tons of problems. Either way, I'm infuriated. I feel like my car has been in the shop more than I've driven it. I have looked into the lemon law and will write a letter to Audi concerning it unless the dealer fixes all of the problems at no cost and without any glitches. Thanks.

Old 08-13-2007, 02:37 PM
3rd Gear

Please tell me you used CarFax before buying!
[/align]

Old 08-13-2007, 02:40 PM

ORIGINAL: ocadam

Please tell me you used CarFax before buying!
[/align]
he just said he did...

Quick Reply: is my car a LEMON???