Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Cats! :)

Old 10-24-2007, 12:41 AM
mra
1st Gear
Default My Cats! :)

I have been getting a Cel light so I went to my mechanic and was told that it is my cats and also since I haven't reached 70k, an Audi dealership would take care of it. I wanted to know if this is true and if it is, since I have modified my exhaust system (quads) will they still take care of the problem.

I want to be prepared before calling my local dealer so they don't come up with an excuse because I've heard this won't be an inexpensive repair.

Thank you

Old 10-24-2007, 12:53 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: My Cats! :)

I would return your exhaust to stock and get the car fixed. The dealer is not there to help you out.............they are there to make money, and they will use any excuse(your aftermarket exhaust) to not fix your car for free.

Old 10-24-2007, 01:04 AM
1st Gear

+1^^

Edit: Yeah they can so eaisly say that your exhaust screwed it up..That would suck so bad. Its not worth doing it at all out of your pocket..get the stock one on there if you still have it

If they dont do it, put it up their *** and put a test pipe on...it will add like 15-20hp and 40-50lb tq.
And those are only like 120 bucks! alot better compared to 1000+

Old 10-24-2007, 02:33 AM

I would go scan for codes yourself as well to make sure that is the correct problem.

Old 10-24-2007, 02:49 AM

ORIGINAL: Kyle09

+1^^

Edit: Yeah they can so eaisly say that your exhaust screwed it up..That would suck so bad. Its not worth doing it at all out of your pocket..get the stock one on there if you still have it

If they dont do it, put it up their *** and put a test pipe on...it will add like 15-20hp and 40-50lb tq.
And those are only like 120 bucks! alot better compared to 1000+
a couple of problems with that little statement. one, testpipes are illegal, and for good reason. a high flow cat will get you very nearly the same gains as a test pipe, without the impact on the environment. it isn't about being a tree hugger, it's common sense. two, the gains you claim (15-20hp, 40-50 ft/lbs) are only valid on a 1.8T. since he's having problems with his catS, that would suggest to me that he's got either a 2.8 or a 3.0. either way, a test pipe(s) will not get you those kind of gains on a V6, not even close.

Old 10-24-2007, 03:03 AM
2nd Gear

sorry, but don't listen to anything in this thread so far.. (except for A4speed's post)

as for the cat problem. don't put the stock exhaust back on. you don't need to. under federal law. allautomobile manufacturers are requred to provide a cat that will last a minimum of 8 years(might be upped to 10 now, i forget), and unlimited miles. no matter what. if your car has a catBACK exhaust, it will not harm it. and there is nothing that Audi can do to relate the bad cat, to an aftermarket exhaust system..

take it to the dealer as is. they will replacethem for free.

just make sure that they don't touch anything else. then you'll be screwed[8D]

Old 10-24-2007, 03:06 AM

im assuming u meant everything except for my advice

Old 10-24-2007, 03:15 AM
2nd Gear

actually yes, i forgot about your post. it is on track with the right self diagnostic..

i'll edit that

Old 10-24-2007, 11:35 AM
mra
1st Gear

My mechanic actually reset the code and recommended that I bring back the car to get it scanned again, which I did and it was the same code again, unfortunately/fortunately he reset it again and the light hasn't came back.

Thank you for all the replies, less bs I have to deal with the dealer.

Old 10-24-2007, 02:32 PM
1st Gear

I can't imagine what made me thing I was going to see some furry little cute kitties in here.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My Cats! :)