Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My day in court today...... (long but educational and funny)

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 12:34 AM
Default My day in court today...... (long but educational and funny)

This may be a little lengthy but I think if I don't fully explain the enitr story it just wont be as funny..

About 1-2 mos. ago I got a speeding tix. for 12 over (37 in a 25) by one of our local cops. When he pulled me over I had asked if he cut me a break and just let me off w/ a warning since I was in a co. van, obviously drove for my work and had a 100% clean record. He told me that since it was a 2-man speed trap he had no way to just let me go, he had to have a tix. for every car he pulled over by the end of the day. BUT, he tells me "if you show up for the court date I can make sure we go easy on you..
Little did he know that my g/f of 5 yrs. has an uncle who just retired from the police about 2-3 miles away in the next township over. So when I see him next I have allready requested the hearing date and I mention it to him. He asks me if may court notice papers have my judge listed on them. I call him when I get home and say "It looks like it's Paul Leo, you know him?", and his response is, "Paul, oooooh, YEAH I know, Paul... I'll make a phonoe call to him for you and see what I can do.."
A week or two later he gets back to me and says.. "Allright, Paul can't just throw the tix. out but here's what he'll do.. Even if they take off the points b/c it is still a moving violation your insurance co. can still find out about it and MAY still raise your rates.. EVEN IF THEY TAKE THE POINTS AWAY.. But there is a violation called a 31-11 that is "not obeying a traffic sign" that is so broad it is not considered a moving violation, so you're ins. co. WILL NEVER FIND OUT ABOUT IT. So when you go in, Paul will be keeping an eye out for you, he's gonna ask you if you'll plead guilty to a 31-11, JUST SAY YES..

So today I'm in the waiting room with 2 more people who all got caught in the same trap, same day, same cops (doing all about the same over 12-17). The cop walks in carrying a big case, sets it down and calls all 3 of us together. He asks the first guy,
"Here's what I'll do, drop it down to 5 over, and no points, sound OK to you?"
guy: "Yeah, sounds GREAT, THANKS !!"
he looks at me.. "sound good to you? "
me: "..............welll...... actually...
he inturrups me and points at his box and says, "well, I'll tell you now, in that box is the equipment we used to time you and all of the callibration paperwork to prove it's accurite.."
me: "yeah, but I had planned on asking the judge's leaniency to give me 31-11 instead"
COPS EYES GOT AS BIG AS QUARTERS
"31-11, huh, sounds like someone did their homework on traffic law.... WOW... .... ... yeah, i guess I could just drop this down to a 31-11 for you"
looks at guy who allready took the worse plea for 5 over and no points and says..
"you want the same thing a 31-11 (never even explaining what it was)"
guy: ".....uuuuuuhhhhhh, sure I guess so........"
cop ofeers the 3rd person the same charge and she agrees also, not even asking what it was that they were pleading !!!!!!!!!

So we all 3 (4 plus the cop) walk into the court-room. The 3 of us at one table and the cop at the other. Judge Leo behind the bench (whew).
And the officer proceedes to tell the judge..
"Well judge I had offered Mr. Brown here a plea of 5 over and no points that was acceptible until Mr. Crowe here, WHO EVIDENTLY HAS DONE SOME RESAERCH INTO OUR TRAFFIC LAW, asked me for a 31-11. I thought that would be ok, so I offered the other two the same deal. Drop it down to a 31-11, and they all plead guilty.."
right as he said the part about me doing my research and asking for a 31-11 the judge looked up at me with the BIGGEST SMILE ON HIS FACE I ALLMOST BURST OUT LAUGHING, then right as my grin couldn't get any bigger he nodded his head and looked back down at some papers.. ( I think he was about to start laughing too !!)

We all walked out of the court-room and court-house together..

and neither one of the other two ever asked me what a 31-11 was or what had just happened.... TOO FUNNY !!!!!!

Old 09-15-2005, 12:36 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: My day in court today...... (long but educational and funny)

thats ******* awsome man, i wish i wold have known about this 31-11 **** earlier when i got pulled over

Old 09-15-2005, 12:37 AM
Site Moderator

ROFL, Nice!

Old 09-15-2005, 12:46 AM
1st Gear

Nice one

Old 09-15-2005, 12:49 AM

note #1 : even with no points, it can still raise you're insurance rates as long as it's a moving violation
note #2 : when caughht speeding in PA, ask for a 31-11, "not obeying a traffic sign"

Old 09-15-2005, 12:52 AM
dan
2nd Gear

thats funny. I'm surprised the other guys didnt even ask WTF they were agreeing too. Hell for all they know they now have a record for having sex with a monkey while driving.

Old 09-15-2005, 12:52 AM

... i still can't believe those 2 people plead guilty to a charge that they didn't even know what it was..... STUPID
it worked out in their benifit this time..... but it's was still stupid of them
i could have just pleaded for "beastiality with a farm animal" and they all would've said, "Sure, i'll take that plea too" .... IDIOTS !!

I'll bet Google got at least 2 more searches for "31-11" today around noon... HA !!

Old 09-15-2005, 01:34 AM
2nd Gear

that is a awsome story.

i guess the reaction by the officer when u asked 4 a 33-11
gave up it was a better deal.

anything to not have points on lic.

Old 09-15-2005, 02:08 AM

i googled it just out of curiosity.....

Pennsylvania traffic code 3111 : http://members.aol.com/StatutesPA/75PA3111.html

ยง 3111. Obedience to traffic-control devices
(a) General rule.--Unless otherwise directed by a uniformed police officer or any appropriately attired person authorized to direct, control or regulate traffic, the driver of any vehicle shall obey the instructions of any applicable official traffic-control device placed or held in accordance with the provisions of this title, subject to the privileges granted the driver of an emergency vehicle in this title.

Old 09-15-2005, 02:11 AM
1st Gear

ur mighty krafty there! lol

-bean

Quick Reply: My day in court today...... (long but educational and funny)