Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my new 97 audi A4

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 11:32 PM
1st Gear
Default my new 97 audi A4

Alright, so i've been working on my project for a while, and i have come to a stopper... I have a 1997 A4 Quattro 1.8T and i have done some work to improve the handling (tein coilovers, stripped interior, 4 point roll cage/bar, racing seats) basically trying to make it lighter and better on the beet... but haven't touched the motor, and now i'm ready to do that... it has 140k miles on it (ehhh kinda high but still runs great), i've been looking at some intercoolers (e-bay.... low on funds... lol) and i found a whole bunch that are 98 and up, now my question is, is there a difference in the motor setup between the 98 and my 97? if so, what would you guys suggest? also? what would be a good chip for it?

here are some pics of what i got so far (before the military green paintjob ...the one in the sig)

Old 09-17-2007, 11:36 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: my new 97 audi A4

Holy ****!!! There is no difference between 97/98 engines.
Nice to see what my car looks like after its been raped though [&:]
Good luck with whatever you do engine wise. Ill let the guys with more specific turbo knowlege tell you what to do. I cant imagine you would limit yourself to just a chip after all that weight reduction/man handling.
I wonder how much weight you lost?

Old 09-17-2007, 11:38 PM
4th Gear

K04 it! It's not that expensive and you can turn some good power. I am building mine right now. (Just waiting for parts!)

josh

Interesting choice of color BTW. How long did it take you to strip it? And you should post the parts you took out in the classifieds if you want to get some money. People are always looking for stuff.

Old 09-17-2007, 11:43 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

Holy ****!!! There is no difference between 97/98 engines.
Nice to see what my car looks like after its been raped though [&:]
Good luck with whatever you do engine wise. Ill let the guys with more specific turbo knowlege tell you what to do. I cant imagine you would limit yourself to just a chip after all that weight reduction/man handling.
I wonder how much weight you lost?
haha yeah, i got the car for $500, it had front end dammage, but the only thing brocken motorwise was tranny and motor mounts, everythgin else purrs... trying to make an auto-x/rally car out of it... plus... how many audi's do you see driving around all stripped out, caged, and camo green lol... it takes turns like no other too... and yeah i wanna find a scale to weigh it... got a few more things to remove first though

K04 it! It's not that expensive and you can turn some good power. I am building mine right now. (Just waiting for parts!)

josh
how much is it costing you? and what all has to be replaced? manifold, downpipe, sparks +injectors, fuel pump?

Old 09-17-2007, 11:45 PM
3rd Gear

This is awsome!! Please keep us updated on what you have been doing with the car!! Do you rally it or what???!!!! Ive always wanted to do this actually only for like 2 weeks but still its AWSOME!!!

Old 09-17-2007, 11:50 PM
4th Gear

Total around $1400 or so for parts. I am doing all the labor myself.

That includes:
Rebuilt K03 to K04 specs from GPopshop - $625
GIAC K04 PC16 file - $720 (That includes a custom tune and the installation)
Bosch RedTop 310cc injectors - $150 (Bought 8 of them on ebay and only need 4 so I will be selling the other 4 here soon once I get them. Hint Hint)
034Motorsports Adjustable FPR and guage -$140

Thats all I have gotten so far. I still need to pick up some plugs as well but those won't be bad.
I will eventually be getting a water/meth kit which will be another $200 or so and then also a tip chip, $300, and exhaust.

When everything is said and done I should be around 210-215Whp which is WAY up from the stock 115WHP now!

Josh

Old 09-17-2007, 11:58 PM
1st Gear

Would those Fuel injectors be good on a b6 for the ko3 giac big injector file? Are those just as good as the audi 225tt injectors?

Old 09-18-2007, 12:02 AM
4th Gear

They are actually smaller then the tt injectors. The tt injectors are 386cc I think. And I am not sure if they will work with that. Call giac and ask them or search around. If they work and you want them lmk.

Josh

Old 09-18-2007, 12:05 AM
4th Gear

Put that thing on a scale, I'm curious about the weight reduction. The paint reminds me of a beat up military deuce and a half, grimy lol. With all that work you better be out there rallying that sucker.

Old 09-18-2007, 01:12 AM

Dude that thing looked beautfiul black. You should have kept it that color.