Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with the eccentric pulley (tensioner pulley)! Cannot understand how it works!! PICS PICS

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 12:15 AM
Default Need help with the eccentric pulley (tensioner pulley)! Cannot understand how it works!! PICS PICS

Hey. Sami here. I am in the middle of my timing belt job on my 2002 Audi A4 1.8TQM...Car has the AMB motor just to let you all know. All I need help with is how to set the tension and how the damn eccentric pulley (tensioner pulley) works and how I set it up. If possible can you give me all the steps to do the timing belt job! (I am already following the b5 writeup and its only good for so much!)
Look at the following pics and tell me what you think (keep in mind everypart is brand new! Thanks PUREMS!) **hopefully the pics work***
Thanks guys, Sami

Here are just some random pics for your pleasure!

Thats right I put my car to bed and tuck it in!

Old 02-20-2007, 01:54 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: Need help with the eccentric pulley (tensioner pulley)! Cannot understand how it works!! PICS PI

you know you dont have a b5 right ?

Old 02-20-2007, 02:09 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: Need help with the eccentric pulley (tensioner pulley)! Cannot understand how it works!! PICS PI

^^^hahaha your sig is huge, sorry just had to say it.

Here are just some random pics for your pleasure!

Thats right I put my car to bed and tuck it in!

Old 02-20-2007, 05:52 AM

holy ****, do you have to take the whole front end apart to do the timing belt job?[&:]

Old 02-20-2007, 07:50 AM
1st Gear

lol yup, its a bit of a PITA but not too bad once you get the hang of it. I'm pretty sure if I had to do it again it would only take about 2 hours max. Assuming I can find all the right sockets and whatnot....damn things move on their own I swear.

Old 02-20-2007, 11:31 AM

Obviously I know I have a b6 and not a b5. Not to bea smart *** but is this forum strictly for b5's?

Oh and MissionCtrl, Ditto on what you said. Once you do it once the job is always easier! And LMAO about the sockets, they really do seem to just get up and walk away.