Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to the Audi world

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 12:10 PM
1st Gear
Default New to the Audi world

Hey everyone, this is my first post so I'll include a little info. I love cars, thats obvious. I'm on an Audi forum. But anyway, I had been looking for a Subaru Impreza because I love AWD and I love rally racing. Every time I found one it either had to many miles or sold before I got there. I looked for over a year for the right car. Then I found a 1999 A4 1.8T Quattro. Test drove it twice and fell in love. So now its mine. I havent found any problems with the car except the gas guage. The dealership was supposed to fix it, they said it was the sending unit and it worked fine for about two days, then started saying it was empty again and sometimes flipped around and sat back on empty. What could cause this? I'm not sure if they replaced the sending unit or if the floater just stuck and they knocked it loose. I'm taking it back there this week to see what they can do with it. But yeah, I love the car. Huge step up from my old Monte Carlo and MR2. Here's a few crappy pics, I'll get some good ones soon.

Old 06-19-2007, 12:17 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: New to the Audi world

Looks good. Congrats. Its usually a bad fuel tanksending unit: (Botom of page) http://ecstuning.com/stage/edpd/page...bcategory=Fuel

Old 06-19-2007, 12:20 PM
1st Gear

Yay for devin! Im glad you got it.. Looks nice. Congrats man.

Old 06-19-2007, 12:22 PM
1st Gear

Yeah thats what I figured it was. The dealership was supposed to fix it, which they did, it worked for about 2 days then messed up again. Hopefully they will replace it for me for free since it was agreed it would be fixed before I bought the car.

Isnt it under the rear seat?

Old 06-19-2007, 12:23 PM
Site Moderator

You have a 99.5 btw. There are differences between a 99 and 99.5 such as one piece headlights, center console, HVAC controls, and more.

Old 06-19-2007, 12:28 PM
1st Gear

Yeah I figured that out the other day, I had been reading some things on here for a few days. Just decided to make my first post today

Old 06-21-2007, 10:42 AM
1st Gear

So I found out that the dealership I bought the car from wont fix my sending unit for free. They said that they fixed it before I bought the car and there is no warranty so I'd have to pay for it. The guy I talked to said that there was a faulty wire and they fixed it. Well apparently not good enough. I dont see it being a stuck floater because the needle jumps around, so a faulty wire seems logical. On top of that, yesterday my CEL randomly came on. I havent been driving the car very hard since I got it. I went down to the record store and when I got back in the car and started it the CEL came on, along with the low fuel warning.

One good thing is yesterday while walking into Walgreens a man asked me if I just got my Audi, then gave me a coupon for free full service oil change, top off all fluids, and a 22 point inspection. Takes about 2 hours but hey, its free for new customers! Says its for Audi, VW and Porsche owners only.

Old 06-21-2007, 05:15 PM
1st Gear

One good thing is yesterday while walking into Walgreens a man asked me if I just got my Audi, then gave me a coupon for free full service oil change, top off all fluids, and a 22 point inspection. Takes about 2 hours but hey, its free for new customers! Says its for Audi, VW and Porsche owners only.
Where can I get my free oil change at? thats awesome though...