Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new here and looking for an audi a4

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 03:18 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: new here and looking for an audi a4

The 2.8 would probably satisfy you for a little while, since it's another V6 it would be just as torquey, but the 1.8t might lack that kick (keep in mind, i don't own either yet, but i test drove a lightly modded 1.8t and it was PLENTY torquey) but you sound like you have minor plans to mod, which, if you're like the rest of the world, will snowball into a huge obsession. If that's the case, I think you would be a lot happier with the 1.8t.

....or you could just get a '95 mustang GT instead

Old 05-30-2006, 04:35 AM

well heres the thing, i love my mustang to death. but i live in mass... and seeing as how it is rwd... it SUX in the snow... so i was looking for something sporty that had awd... and i just happen to like audi's... i would keep my mustang... but at 46 thousand miles... my electrical system is screwed... ex: the wipers are on... turn left... it washes my window continuously untill i change the wiper speed (i've spent a ton of money on washer fluid)... my ac has 2 speeds... high or off. theres 2 blown speakers (not from loud music, cuz something shorted them out) and i have someone that wants to buy it for 9 grand despite the problems... so im all for it.

as for modding the 2.8... will doing exhaust and intake give u a little more kick? i don't really want to deal with a turbo... so im leaning more towards the 2.8... but does anyone have something good to say about it?

Old 05-30-2006, 07:29 AM
4th Gear

I drive the old 12V 2.8 and while I lack the grunt to get moving, After I'm going Its pretty hard to keep up. the car has near 140K and still runs strong, At many times I wish I had the 1.8T for mods sake. as far as you wanting to stay away from turbos. It really not taribly justified with these cars. unless you really start pushing them, they last a good long time. I don't know. I think the 2.8 is great.

Old 05-30-2006, 11:55 AM

i am almost thinking that a 2.8 would cost more in the end all the 2.8's leak oil and 99 of the time it is the leaking cam adjusters witch is a $3000 job parts and labour and the timing belt replacement you have almost twice the parts to replace stuff gets expensive quick