Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Member, lighted pedal question

Old 08-12-2004, 08:34 PM
1st Gear
Default New Member, lighted pedal question

Sorry to double post, but I'm new and put my question in the wrong forum.

I just bought a used '99 A4 Avant 1.8T, black on black. So far it's got dark black tint on all windows, Momo 18" rims, all Alpine interior speakers and two 600 watt subs in a custom bandpass box, powered by a Rockford 1500 watt amp.

When I bought my sound system they gave me some Ichiban lighted neon pedals for real cheap. Anyway, they have instructions how to install the pedals, which is easy enough, but nothing at all about how to connect the wires to light them. The store told me the instructions were in there, I guess they didn't know.

Can someone explain to me the best way to hook them up so they light? Can I set them to go on with my headlights, or foglights?

Also, a friend "gave" me an Optima Yellow Top battery, but I was told it won't fit in the car. Is this true? Any way around it? It's a shame to have a battery just sitting in my garage.

If this is the wrong place for questions, I would appreciate it if a mod would move this to the proper forum

Old 08-12-2004, 09:00 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: New Member, lighted pedal question

My guess is that you simply need to attach to switched power. Check to see what voltage the pedals need. If its 12v then you can get switched power under the knee bolster from the 75x post.

Old 08-12-2004, 09:11 PM
3rd Gear

I deleted your post in the new member forum because of this post....

============================================

By the way:
Welcome to the forum joeypants!

This is a great site. We keep the dialogue friendly and the attitude positive. The info is well received by all and we are here to help anyone with the need. I hope you find it to your liking as well.

If you're not familiar with this forum, please click the START HERE! link. There you will find a forum vocab list, an Audi forum terminology list and an Audi lexicon list. They should be very helpful to you if you're not familiar with the jargon.

Please feel free to ask any question, but double check the archives first. Many questions have been archived and, quite often, the answers are comprehensive.

Old 08-12-2004, 10:07 PM
2nd Gear

Hey joeypants. Welcome to the forums! Hope you find it useful and entertaining. As for your question, brrman hit it on the head. You shouldn't have any problems tapping into a switched 12v as you're basically right under the fuse box. Congrats on the ride, you liking it so far? Stick or tiptronic?

Old 08-13-2004, 09:36 AM
3rd Gear

as to if the battery will fit or not you can just look at the terminals on the battery in your car then at the optima if there the same it will probly fit
If not you can give it to me[sm=goodidea.gif]

Old 08-13-2004, 02:33 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: brrman

My guess is that you simply need to attach to switched power. Check to see what voltage the pedals need. If its 12v then you can get switched power under the knee bolster from the 75x post.
I'm really close to understanding what you mean. Almost there....
I'm at work right now, so during lunch I'll check the voltage on the pedals. They're Ichiban, but I can't seem to find a pic of them on the internet. If Ichiban has their own dedicated website, I can't find it.

ORIGINAL: Doose

Congrats on the ride, you liking it so far? Stick or tiptronic?
I love it. With these new tires it's like driving on chewed bubble gum. It's stick shift btw. I just wish it was faster, compared to my last two cars, both Mercury Cougars, it's a little slow in the acceleration department. I'll post pics in a bit.

Old 08-13-2004, 02:46 PM
1st Gear

Some pics I took outside of work:

Check those fattie tires:

My subs:

Old 08-13-2004, 03:20 PM
Site Moderator

Dayum, I love Avants! Nice ride, man. Nice lookin ported box too.
You need a chip to go faster, and suspesnion to turn tighter!

Oh - and clearcorner that thing! heh heh

btw - I pick up my new 2000 A4 1.8t Avant tomorrow! WOO HOO!!!

Old 08-13-2004, 03:48 PM
3rd Gear

You need to trow some caliper paint on those breaks ....Nice ride

Old 08-13-2004, 04:10 PM
1st Gear

For a 5 year old car, I think it's looking damn sharp.

The brakes themselves are rusty, I can't paint them. Unless I replace them, but I just spent my funds buying the thing in the first place and getting new speakers. At least most of the stuff was from my last car.

Now I need chip info, which I haven't had time to look for on this site yet. I know nothing about car mechanics, so I'm sure I have lots of reading to do.

The mechanic guy said the battery won't fit, but he might just be lazy, so I guess I should just ask someone else. If not, it's up for grabs. Also available is my old subwoofer, a Rockford Fosgate 12" 800 watt peak power DVC2, in a carpeted wood box with Rockford wires. It's in great shape and I would still be using it if I didn't get such a great deal on the one I'm using now. My friend might be taking it though.

I called Ichibahn and left a message. Seems like they're willing to help. I feel smarter now that I noticed I was spelling their name incorrectly, and that's why I didn't find their site. Seems a lot of people spell it Ichiban...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Member, lighted pedal question