Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new recall for 96-97 audi

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 04:31 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: new recall for 96-97 audi

i just got this letter like on wednesday and i am getting it replaced for sure who wouldnt its FREE!!!!!!!LOL get it done i think everyone will get one they are going to be busy where im from they only have 2 audi dealers

Old 12-03-2006, 05:31 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: hb972.8q

i got the letter in the mail... but i remember that when i first got my car the was a similar recall for the ignition not being grounded properly and may cause the airbag to go off.

Yeah I've got documentation of that recall being done .

Old 12-03-2006, 05:35 PM
1st Gear

Jackpot, I replaced mine a year ago, it hurt my wallet big time. Now I'm having headlight issues, could this be related to the recall?

Old 12-04-2006, 05:26 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: immgeorge

Jackpot, I replaced mine a year ago, it hurt my wallet big time. Now I'm having headlight issues, could this be related to the recall?
If you have already replaced it, audi will re-imburse you if you can provide receipts proving the repair was done.

Old 12-04-2006, 01:13 PM
1st Gear

Any official paper work about this? I heard about this recall a while back, and called my Audi stealership, they said that the recall had expired for my car, and that if I wanted it done i would have to pay for it. I just got used to having to turn the key back a bit until my lights came back on. Apparently also if you leave it in the start position you will fry your flywheel (what i have been warned of by two mechanics), its also a pain in the *** when i take my car in for service because the idiots there dont listen to me when i tell them to turn the key back a bit before they put it in gear[:@] , and then it makes this nasty grinding noise when you try putting it back into park.

Old 12-04-2006, 02:35 PM
1st Gear

that reminds me of when I brought my car in to get an alignment. They drove it up on the hoist and then the guy gives me this look and motions for me to come over. He's like, "how do I turn it off?!" Hehe.. turbo timer always confuses people. He was quite impressed when I pushed the power button and it turned off. I'm glad he didn't put it in gear after turning the key off *imagines his car driving off the edge of the hoist*

Old 12-05-2006, 01:24 AM
4th Gear

Yes.
I just got an official letter from Audi america about the recall this past Saturday.

ORIGINAL: fobyulous

Any official paper work about this?

Old 12-05-2006, 01:24 PM
1st Gear

i actually have the problem stated, when i turn on the car i have to turn the key back to on position otherwise my lights and radio dont work. I called audi about this again yesterday and they ran my vin, said that there was no recall out for my car. Any ideas on what I should do next? i hate dealerships

Old 12-05-2006, 01:34 PM
2nd Gear

I have both letters for mine and scheduled to go in on monday. One of mine the key wont even bounce back after you start it. They are going to replace it all. Its good to know peole I guess.

Old 12-05-2006, 04:44 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: fobyulous

i actually have the problem stated, when i turn on the car i have to turn the key back to on position otherwise my lights and radio dont work. I called audi about this again yesterday and they ran my vin, said that there was no recall out for my car. Any ideas on what I should do next? i hate dealerships

What year is your car? The recall was only on 96-97 models.

Quick Reply: new recall for 96-97 audi