Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

newb question...blow off valve?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 04:08 AM
1st Gear
Default newb question...blow off valve?

ok so i keep hearing i cant run a blow off valve on my car, im curious as to why? also where can i buy the race valve i keep hearing about? please dont post a bunch of use the search feature crap, honestly i tried to and all i got were results of people who installed the valve and not where they bought it.

Old 04-26-2006, 04:11 AM
Zombie Defense Force
Default RE: newb question...blow off valve?

becuase audis run a close loop system, a bov will make your car run rich. killing ur cat after a while. a dv is like a bov but it dosent vent to the atmosphere but back into the intake

Old 04-26-2006, 04:15 AM
1st Gear

sweet thank you for that info. i guess i just want the sound of a bov haha. i'll live without. thanks again

Old 04-26-2006, 04:20 AM
3rd Gear

Running rich must hurt more than the cat right? I have heard alot of people say it kills the cat but it seems like it would do more??????????

Old 04-26-2006, 04:24 AM
Zombie Defense Force

ya it will cause carbon build up in the motor also

Old 04-26-2006, 05:15 AM
5th Gear

and not to mention it runs like ****, the you can pick up a DV at the dealer you want a 710n or you might be hearing about the N75 race valve you can also get that from the dealer

Old 04-26-2006, 05:31 AM
3rd Gear

ok so this is something ive wanted to get off my mind...

DSM's run BOV's...and you can either vent them or re route them...so why cant you just buy a BOV on an audi and re route it... where does it reroute too?? back into the intake, or somewhere else...

also if you want to vent on an audi, cants you just run like a GM-MAF setup...and put the air sensor after the BOV/DV, causing the motor to not run rich...

Old 04-26-2006, 05:53 AM
5th Gear

well in theory you can run a different set up with a diff maf and what not, using a standalone fuel injection system or what ever but that’s a lot of work to run a ******* BOV that’s not even worth it.... Audi’s vent back to the intake because its already metered air therefore it cant be vented to atmosphere with out screwing things up

Old 04-26-2006, 06:28 AM
1st Gear

Ok if you want the BOV Sound then just run a Go Fast Bits Hybrid BOV which was designed for Close Loop Systems....and trust me it works fine. Iam running one and i recently got a EVOMS Intake system and noticed that you can hear the air been re-routed back into the intake

Old 04-26-2006, 06:41 AM
1st Gear

kosher, thats what i wanted to hear.

ORIGINAL: dtmguy

Ok if you want the BOV Sound then just run a Go Fast Bits Hybrid BOV which was designed for Close Loop Systems....and trust me it works fine. Iam running one and i recently got a EVOMS Intake system and noticed that you can hear the air been re-routed back into the intake

Quick Reply: newb question...blow off valve?