Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbee....How Much would it cost to upgrade to a BT?

Old 06-07-2006, 02:15 PM
1st Gear
Default Newbee....How Much would it cost to upgrade to a BT?

i have an '02 A4, andi want to start modding, and thought that was the first step was a bigger turbo? i bought it Audi certified and dont want to void the warranty. Found out yesterday that apparantley the guy before me put Konig suspension on it. People always told me it sat low, i just assumed it was the factory sport suspension....but anyway here is a pic, let me know what you think.

[IMG]local://upfiles/19366/F419A2F31BB540C7A36337706A414B28.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-07-2006, 03:01 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Newbee....How Much would it cost to upgrade to a BT?

yeah, its lowered.

BT kit runs around 3k not including installation, then you have got to upgrade your clutch, about 1500 for that.

So 4.5 to 5k, doing some of the work yourself, more if you have someone else do it all.

It will void the warranty for sure.

Old 06-07-2006, 03:12 PM
1st Gear

thanks for the help, anything you would suggest doing first...seeing as how i havent done anything but the suspension? as far as looks or perf? any help would be greatly appreciated. and just wanted to say glad to be here, got reffered from a guy who i bought those wheels from yesterday, so wayne if you read this, thanks for all your help man. hopefully one day i can return the favor.

Old 06-07-2006, 03:38 PM
2nd Gear

Id suggest a chip should add a very noticeable difference that will keep you happy for awhile. Look at Giac, Apr, and REVO

Old 06-07-2006, 03:46 PM
1st Gear

any lcue as far as price goes? and i heard something about a chip that you can turn on/off. i think that if i get one that the dealership will notice they will void my warranty. i heard there is some chip out there that you can get away with having, and keep the warranty? any thought, and thanks for the help as well.

Old 06-07-2006, 03:56 PM

Search for info on the chip, it's about $500 for the chip + any install required (either flashloaded or soldered).

And you'll be lucky to find a BT kit for 4.5k The kit plus all supporting mods (exhaust, FMIC, injectors, programming, clutch, FPR, etc.) plus install if thats the route you choose to go, is gonna be upwards of $6k. And you'll need to know your stuff to keep it running should anything go wrong.

Old 06-07-2006, 04:06 PM
3rd Gear

Yes listen to Miked. The kit will cost about $3k, and then you still need a clutch, FMIC, and exhaust. So you're looking at about $6k not including install.

Old 06-07-2006, 05:12 PM
1st Gear

thanks for all the help guys, i think ill wait on the new BT, but will go the chip route for now. any other opinions on what i can to boost perf? sorry for the questions but i think im hooked on getting the car in better shape. Thanks in advance. and nice audi flyinb....

Old 06-07-2006, 06:07 PM
4th Gear

love the car, id do exhaust first

Old 06-07-2006, 06:11 PM
1st Gear

i recently got my ecu flashed with GIAC pump and stock programming (i can switch between performance and stock so the dealer will never know). i also go bigger injectors to go with the programming and everything cost around 1k. that is money well spent. if you do go chip, from experience i must say that you should also upgrade your dv because i blew mine with the performance setting.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Newbee....How Much would it cost to upgrade to a BT?