Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No heating please advise

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 04:33 PM
Default No heating please advise

Hiya, I wonder if you could help.
I have discovered that dualzone heating in my A4 2001 doesn't work as it should. Actually when I set up heating on the panel (both zones) it blows heating only to the windscreen on passenger side. All other vents blow very cold air, frozen I would say. Despite the fact that it is very cold in the car I have got problem with steamed Windscreen and front window on driver's side.It is really annoying.

Someone suggested that climate control panel needs to be replaced. Ok, I can do this, but I can't be sure that it cause the problem.
Is it possible that there is heating system core fault? If there is dual zone heating does it mean that there are two separate ,,radiators' ?
I am sorry but I have no idea about mechanical issues.
Please help - it is middle of the winter

By the way I remember the thermostat was replaced last year if does it make any difference.

THX

Michael

Old 01-22-2008, 08:22 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: No heating please advise

First thing i would do is check the heater core hoses. Both should be hot. If they are both hot you most likly have a problem with the motors that control the airflow flaps. You have only one heater core(radiator for passenger compartment), but there are two motors that control temperature. One for the pass side and one for the drivers side. I would also check for faults in the ac control head. You may have faults for one or more air flow motors.