Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No power steering at all!! Help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 08:36 PM
1st Gear
Default No power steering at all!! Help!

Hey guys I've been lurking here for a while,I enjoy this site.Any how My 2004 Audi A4 3.0 6 speed lost my power steering completely and suddenly!! When I first got the car 2 years a go,It developed a groaning noise and foamy fluid from the steering pump.The dealer flushed the fluid but didn't fix the problem.After doing some search,It was that stupid banjo fitting on the top of the hose on the pump,problem solved for the next two years.Last week I started to hear the same noise again,I popped open the reservoir and It was foamy again!! So I go back to the pump again look close and I see one more banjo fitting down the bottom of the suction hose by the pump,so I took the hose completely off to get a It the lower banjo fitting an,d put a hose clamp there too,problem solved no more noise of foamy fluid.Last night driving all of sudden my steering wheel got really really hard to turn,total loss of power steering!! No noise or groaning,fluid looks fine. Did the pump just died????Any help would be greatly appreciated.