Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Non Bose Schematic?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 04:45 PM
1st Gear
Default Non Bose Schematic?

Does anyone have a schematic of the audio system from a 99 A4 w/o Bose? I am trying to put together a stereo for a car i wll be buying, but need to know how the current one is wired/how many spkrs/locations before i can start mapping out the new one.

Cheers

Old 03-21-2007, 04:53 PM
Default RE: Non Bose Schematic?

name that radio

Radio Systems[/align]General notes[/align]Important:
Disconnect battery earth strap before working on electrical system.
Activate the service mode of telematics control unit before disconnecting battery.=>Radio, Telephone and Navigation System Self-diagnosis; Repair group 01; Telematics Self-diagnosis; Adaption[/align]Notes:

â—†On vehicles with coded radio, obtain anti-theft code before disconnecting battery.
â—†Activate the service mode of telematics control unit before disconnecting battery.
â—†If the battery is reconnected, please ensure that the vehicle equipment (radio, clock, electric window lifters, engine) is activated as described in operating instructions and the service mode of telematics control unit is deactivated. [/ul]
Notes:

â—†A new generation of radios was introduced in model year 98. The "beta", "gamma" and "delta" radio units were replaced by the "chorus" and "concert" radio units with self-diagnosis capability.
â—†In model year '99, the radio units "chorus" and "concert" were supplemented by the "symphony" radio unit with self-diagnosis capability. The special feature of this radio unit is that the operating unit also includes a CD player in addition to the radio and cassette modes.
â—†In case of complaints, familiarity with the functions and operation of the relevant radio system is essential.
â—†Additional information [/ul]
=> Operating instructions

â—†For retrofitting, repair work and troubleshooting [/ul]
=> Current Flow Diagrams, Electrical Fault-finding and Fitting Locations
=> Installation instructions

â—†Comprehensive assembly instructions, e.g. removing and installing trims, are included in the General Body Assembly Workshop Manual.
â—†All radio systems are equipped with anti-theft codes. [/ul]
Notes on radio retrofitting:

â—†The provided connectors for genuine Audi radio systems should be used for preparing the radio.
â—†Radio units with other plug connectors must be connected using adapter leads.
â—†When connecting the speed signal (radios with GALA function) care must be taken not to cause a short circuit, as otherwise, vehicle malfunctions may occur (e.g. engine timing).
â—†Connecting the speed signal to non-Audi makes of radio can also lead to problems with the vehicle.
â—†If other radio units are fitted (vehicles 1998 â–¸), the aerial amplifier may be impaired, as original Audi radio units are fitted with a "remote powered aerial", i.e. the voltage supply for the aerial amplifier is provided via the centre conductor of the high-frequency cable.
The remote power adapter from the Volkswagen and Audi range (Votex) should therefore be used. [/ul]
Notes on CD retrofitting:
The wiring harness for the CD changer is installed in the vehicle during preparation for CD installation. The connection cable can only be used for original Audi CD changers.

Old 03-21-2007, 06:09 PM
1st Gear

Thx For the info Dave, that is very helpful. I believe the car I am buying has the non bose symphony set up, do you know how many speakers come with that set up, and where they are?

Old 03-21-2007, 06:23 PM

problems with the Internet cant upload pictures, the dreaded 500 code without Bose it should have 5 speakers, 3 in each front door ans 2 in the rear doors, when I can post pictures I will