Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OH NOOO!! CRASHED MY CAR AGAIN, I HOPE ITS NOT SERIOUS, HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 02:05 AM
3rd Gear
Default OH NOOO!! CRASHED MY CAR AGAIN, I HOPE ITS NOT SERIOUS, HELP!!!

so tonight i got bored at work and it started raining, which we hardly ever see rain in arizona so i decided to take advantage of it and take out the audi.

long story short i took a left hand turn really hard and started spinnin out, and to avoid going into oncoming traffic i tried to do as little correcting as possible but if as we all know, any correction is too much.

I ended up going up a driveway into a gas station and sliding into the rocks and hitting a little curb on my FRONT LEFT WHEEL/TIRE.... I pulled outta the rocks and luckily my work was right across the street so i pulled into there and got out to check out the damage...

luckily, theres no body damage, just a FAT dent in my rim, HERES THE PROBLEM...

when I have my wheel straight ahead, my RIGHT front tire (the one that took no impact) is perfectly straight still, but the LEFT front tire (the one that hit the little curb) is turned to the left..... so pretty much just the tire that got hit will still steer and turn, but its just turned to the left, almost like its knocked off track.....

so all three wheels are straight forward, and my left front is pointing out to the left... what would cause this?? the tire still responds to the steering wheel, and I dont think its alignment cuz wouldnt that mess up my whole front end and not just one side???

control arms?? tie rod?? How pricey am I looking at... I gotta get this back on the road ASAP,

No fluid was spilled, nothing at all hit accept the rim, and it was not a horrible hit, probably about 10-15 mph, the tire didnt pop, the tire and rim is just pointing a different direction than all other 3 tires... what would cause this??

Old 12-28-2006, 02:10 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: OH NOOO!! CRASHED MY CAR AGAIN, I HOPE ITS NOT SERIOUS, HELP!!!

BTW, from my initial inspection of the car, the shocks and springs are totally OK, the shocks are still firm and i dont think i cracked a spring cuz the ride height is the same and when i push down on the front left of my car there is no weird noises or anything of that sort

Old 12-28-2006, 02:11 AM
1st Gear

yikes, i don't know what the case would be here, but my friend bent the frame on his TT pretty much in the way you described and the bill was in the thousands

Old 12-28-2006, 02:12 AM
Site Moderator

I thought your friend crashed your car last time????? Anyway... Expect at least your inner and outer tie rodsare shot/bent to hell, your hub/wheel bearing are shot...and hope that your control arms are ok. Depending on how hard you hit your steering rack might be affected too which would up the cost to cure by a $hit Ton.

Old 12-28-2006, 02:20 AM
3rd Gear

my friend did crash my old car, lol, and i didnt hit too bad, but its just ONE tire pointing 45 degrees to the left when all other tires are straight, i can actually still drive the car, but it just kinda drags the front left tire lol/.

Old 12-28-2006, 02:26 AM
Site Moderator

Yea your tie rods must be extremely messed up if not your control arms/linkageas well. I wouldnt drive it, if your steering rack isnt already fucked, it will certainly get that way if you drive with one wheel straight and the other at a 45 degree angle.Stock tie rod endsare so weak anyway, when it gets fixed make sure they use the updated beefy Meyletie rod ends.

Old 12-28-2006, 03:38 AM
18T
4th Gear

lol dude that raw power is too much for you.

Old 12-28-2006, 03:52 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: 18T

lol dude that raw power is too much for you.

LOL!

Yeah.. damn.. how old are you? i haven't done that kind of wreckless stuff in years and i'm 25. the last stupid thing i did was go offroading in my bronco and get stuck in the water at the beach.

Old 12-28-2006, 04:22 AM
5th Gear

lol i think you should stick to the dry roads man......... let see some pix of the damage

Old 12-28-2006, 05:09 AM

lol wow i have never heard of someone taking advantage of the rain[8D]snow ya but not rain lol

Quick Reply: OH NOOO!! CRASHED MY CAR AGAIN, I HOPE ITS NOT SERIOUS, HELP!!!