Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Pressure Switch

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 03:35 PM
Default Oil Pressure Switch

Hello:

For the last month and half been having a trouble with the oil pressure light, mostly on downhills the oil pressure light starts to beep, the car motor feels normal, i dont hear or feel anything failing, we have checked the pressure with a computer when the car is running and it does not drop at all, we have checked the motor and it has no signs of flooding since the motor is very clean, it has around 85,000 miles on it. Its a 99 Audi A4 1.lt, it started lighting after i changed the oil to a valvoline 5w-30 full syntethic oil and i changed the timing belt and the tensioner.

Does anyone has had the same trouble and how do you fix it?

Please help it bugs me a lot the sound of the light switch.

Old 10-25-2006, 03:42 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Oil Pressure Switch

If the oil pressure checks out ok then id replace the "switch" but be slightly concered that the 1.8t if not taken care of properly (previous owner-synthetic oil/larger oil filter) will get sludged up and is the cause of many engine failures with this particular engine. Id replace the switch and if that doesnt help, do an engine flush. If that doesnt help id drop the oil pan and check out the screen for the oil pump and replace it regardless since you are already in there. Do all this ASAP, could save you thousands of dollars.