Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil in Samco turbo inlet hose, Help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 06:31 PM
Default Oil in Samco turbo inlet hose, Help!

OK, so I replaced my turbo inlet hose about 3 months ago with the Samco one. Seemed like a good increase in power but it brough doen my gas milage to about 18MPG with mixed driving, before it was around 24MPG. Anyways, so the weather's warming up and I figured I'd help stem the rising gas prices by swaping the hoses so I'd save some cash during the summer. As I take out the Samco hose I notice that there's oil inside the new hose, form where it's concentrated I figure it's got to be coming form the turbo side. It wasn't a lot of oil just enough to go about an inch to inch and half up the hose towards the air filter side. Is this ok? Is my turbo about to die?

Old 03-29-2006, 06:41 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Oil in Samco turbo inlet hose, Help!

stick ur finger in the turbo and see how much shaft play u have, my k04 dose this also and has a decent amount of play but from wut i hear its kinda normal....i just got the samco from a guy with a k04 and it had oil in it also.

Old 03-29-2006, 07:06 PM
1st Gear

You will never find a turbo car WITHOUT oil in the boost hose

Nothing to worry about untill it gets excessive

Old 03-29-2006, 07:12 PM
2nd Gear

thats the breather venting air from the valve cover to the intake. its for emissions, as well as ventilating excessive air pressure coming for the head. Oil comes over with it as a byproduct (very little at that). Get a inline breater so the air will vent back in but the oil will stay out (for the most part). Its completly normal and dont worry about it.

auditech04, you could eat off the intake and IC pipes on my old dsm, they were dry as a bone. but that was because of the inline breather I used (clear plastic gm fuel filter with two nipples, worked like a charm). Other wise before I cleaned the IC and pipes it was an oily mess. I may clean my IC out to see if that helps fight heat soak during the summer.

Old 03-29-2006, 09:11 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: liquidxit2

thats the breather venting air from the valve cover to the intake. its for emissions, as well as ventilating excessive air pressure coming for the head. Oil comes over with it as a byproduct (very little at that). Get a inline breater so the air will vent back in but the oil will stay out (for the most part). Its completly normal and dont worry about it.

auditech04, you could eat off the intake and IC pipes on my old dsm, they were dry as a bone. but that was because of the inline breather I used (clear plastic gm fuel filter with two nipples, worked like a charm). Other wise before I cleaned the IC and pipes it was an oily mess. I may clean my IC out to see if that helps fight heat soak during the summer.
where would a person get one? part number maybe?

Old 03-29-2006, 10:26 PM

But the old hose didn't have any oil in it... Does this just happens as the turbo gets older? As for the inline filter will any type do? Will it cost turbo pressure?

Old 03-29-2006, 10:42 PM
5th Gear

No another filter wont hurt pressure, and if your old hose didnt have any oil in it you are one of the rare ones lol

Old 03-30-2006, 12:20 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: BadLuckAudi

and if your old hose didnt have any oil in it you are one of the rare ones lol

yeah

I dont have the part number but look for a clear plastic fuel filter with a nipple on both ends. basically a cheap carberated fuel filter.

Old 03-30-2006, 12:35 AM
5th Gear

yea you can easily pick one up at napa or something

Old 03-30-2006, 03:16 AM
1st Gear

this has nothing to do with the turbo... it is no big deal, just an oil breather hose... if you take the intake pipe off ANY CAR it will be in there. no bad turbo no nothing... the car will probably smoke if the turbo is bad.