Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ok First mods happening this weekend.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 03:16 PM
1st Gear
Default ok First mods happening this weekend.....

After alot of homework, and alot of good thought from you guys, and a good bonus i finally decided what I was going to do to my baby. we are going with the GIAC Flash Loaded Software for B6 1.8t $495.00. For the exhaust i am going with AWE Tuning Catback for B6 A4 $929.95 . Also the Turbosmart Kompact 50/50 Bypass Valve $229.00 . They tell me this will take the HP to about 225-230, since i only run 93. I am getting this done on monday, i am going to put the cash down at some point today, if anyone thinks this is not the route to go, or if i am getting hosed by the prices please help. and thanks to all of you for your help with a newbee that is now hooked on having one bad @$$ A4. BTW car is an 02 B6 A4, her picture is at the bottom, and the lowers are getting painted next weekend.....

[IMG]local://upfiles/19366/FC57869AE69240F1BBFEF2283AB5998A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-09-2006, 03:20 PM
Default RE: ok First mods happening this weekend.....

sounds like your heading in the right direction... whats that 50/50 thing? is it a 50% blow off 50% recirc?

oh and your going to love all that your doing to your car... i wish i could find someone to do my lowers[&:]

Old 06-09-2006, 03:21 PM

Only thing that seems expensive is the exaust. I got quoted from a muffler shop $300-450 for a magnaflow catback exaust, depending on if I wanted one or two mufflers. So you might want to look into that.

Old 06-09-2006, 03:55 PM
Site Moderator

Where are you getting your parts from? Are you doing the install yourself? Skip the Turbosmart 50/50 bypass valve and get a Forge, Bailey, or any other diverter valve.

Old 06-09-2006, 03:57 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: A4speed

Only thing that seems expensive is the exaust. I got quoted from a muffler shop $300-450 for a magnaflow catback exaust, depending on if I wanted one or two mufflers. So you might want to look into that.
His car has a much different exhaust system. It has a single pipe until the b pillar then it splits into 2 mufflers. Check out the AWE site for what it looks like.

edit- AWE makes very good exhausts that won't rust. If you go to a muffler shop and they don't coat the welds wth high temp paint or some kind of rust proofing, it will fall apart in 3-4 years.

Old 06-09-2006, 04:16 PM
1st Gear

im getting all the parts from the only import shop around me. i live in DC. so you think i should go with another valve? and i think all the prices are reasonable? or so any of you know what place i might be able to get some of this stuff a little cheaper? and the guy at the shop told me to go with that valve so i will hear the turbo more? i am new to this so i am just going off by what i read from you guys, and what the shop told me. Im having all the work done at the shop, he told me if i get the partsfrom them, they will knowck ooff some of the install costs.

Old 06-09-2006, 04:20 PM
1st Gear

Sounds good man. I just got chipped by AWE and it brings a noticable difference to daily driving. When you get everything installed post some pics of the car (Want to see what the exhaust looks like on the car, because your car is identical to mine.) Good luck on eveything!!!!

Old 06-09-2006, 04:34 PM
Site Moderator

You don't need a $230 50/50 valve. The only benefit will be the sound. I can think of 2 reasons to get a normal diverter valve. 1- Price. A normal valve will cost $150- 170. So you're basically paying $50+ extra for a woosh sound. 2- It's bad for your engine. Audi/VW engine use a recirculating system. The ECU is calculating the air/fuel ratio using the air that the diverter valve recirculates. When a blow off valve is installed, the engine will run richer from not having the correct amount of air. Granted, it's only running rich when it's making the woosh sound, but it's still running rich. Which over time can have adverse effects on various parts. Like your catalytic converter.

Old 06-09-2006, 04:53 PM
1st Gear

Good for you man...I'm in the same boat. I began the lowers' painting process on Wednesday. Here's the timeline breakdown:

Tonight: Sand, sand, sand the flex primer and prep the surfaces for base. Base coats one and two of DuPont ChromaBase. Let dry overnight.

Tomorrow: Sand and final base. Bake dry and coat 1 and 2 of PPG DuraCryl Clearcoat. Install Forge 007 and begin painting calipers.

Sunday: Wet sand and final heavy coat of Clear. Bake overnight.

Monday: Rubbing compound until silky smooth. Giac flash PCM.

Painting is a long process, but if you want it done right, it's all in the prep. I'll let you know how it turn out. If anyone's got some mesh-style 19's, I'm in the mood for a good deal.

Old 06-09-2006, 04:59 PM
dan
2nd Gear

the AWE exhaust is awesome, worth every penny, you won't regret that purchase.

If you get it directly from AWE or pick it up coz your local they are a great bunch of guys to deal with.

Quick Reply: ok First mods happening this weekend.....