Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Excellent Idea, Your a Genius
60.00%
Worst Idea since Communism
40.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Opinions on E-Cutouts

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 04:17 AM
Default Opinions on E-Cutouts

I am looking to put an exhaust on my A4 1.8T but I don't want to sacrifice the quiet sound so I am contemplating the idea of an e-cutout. For anyone that doesn't know there would be a switch that allows the air to either pass through the stock exhaust system or a rerouted exhaust system. I am thinking about doing a turboback 3" straight pipe out the side of the car and than the cutout would be the stock system. What are your opinions on this setup?

Old 03-28-2007, 04:56 AM
Default RE: Opinions on E-Cutouts

I think it's ghetto, but it'd be pretty cool if you could pull it off. I'd love to see the look on the guy's face who you race after you flick that switch!

Old 03-28-2007, 06:08 AM
Zombie Defense Force

well it would be cool but the biggest thing blocking your power is your cat. the idea of a cut out is to cut out before you hit anything that would slow down the exhaust ie. cat, resonator, muffler. so placing the cut out after the cat will get some performance but not near as much if you got a test pipe and then have the cut out after the tp

Old 03-28-2007, 06:35 AM

hahaha my friend just did this to his 87' TT supra

Old 03-28-2007, 02:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Jeff

well it would be cool but the biggest thing blocking your power is your cat. the idea of a cut out is to cut out before you hit anything that would slow down the exhaust ie. cat, resonator, muffler. so placing the cut out after the cat will get some performance but not near as much if you got a test pipe and then have the cut out after the tp
That is what I am going to do. I am going to either have a custom cat-less downpipe made or get a testpipe and than run it out the side. Nice sig by the way.

Old 03-28-2007, 02:10 PM
4th Gear

When i was a newb many.. many moons ago i had asked this same Q and got flamed. [8D]

Old 03-28-2007, 02:14 PM

I'm no noob to cars or this forum but I just can't make up my mind whether or not I want a loud Audi. So this way it is the best of both worlds.

Old 03-28-2007, 02:19 PM
1st Gear

I had it on my wrx and gained 30 hp over stock exhaust but that was with a 3" downpipe. very aggresive sounding as well. Here is the company I used. http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/They actually have a downpipe with it welded in for the 1.8t jetta. I would think we would get simular gains. Watch this video: http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/Media/WRXVideo.wmv

Old 03-28-2007, 02:24 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: Flip

I'm no noob to cars or this forum but I just can't make up my mind whether or not I want a loud Audi. So this way it is the best of both worlds.
I wasn't calling you a newb just reflecting on the past. I like the idea of having the sleeper ability also. But Jeff has a good point that shy-ed me away from that idea.

Old 03-28-2007, 04:38 PM
1st Gear

I like this set up It will give you a good idea of what your options are.

http://www.atpturbo.com/root/releases/release091004.htm

Quick Reply: Opinions on E-Cutouts