Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

People with intakes

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 12:10 AM
Tech Guru
Default RE: People with intakes

i thought all those civics and other ricer cars with big fart cans and loud intakes could take a c6 z06 vet or srt-10viper, you mean they can't

lol

Old 11-13-2006, 01:05 AM
4th Gear

Ace your jumping to conclusions and making yourself look like an *** for no reason... I like hearing my car, especially if it sounds nice or cool.. Doesnt nessecarily mean I want people to think I have some huge turbo in my car. And alot of people dont have the money to throw at a turbo, so stop saying that

Old 11-13-2006, 01:07 AM
4th Gear

Also evo intake claims to have small throttle response, horsepower increases.. so it might be a very small performance part I just bought one.

Old 11-13-2006, 01:34 AM
4th Gear

Sorry to hear that, your money would have been much better spent toward a chip.

you'll see when you put it in, that you can't really tell a difference from stock, wheras if you did a chip you'd be like 'holy-sh*t'

But hey, its your money, i am just trying to give people good advice about what mods are worthwhile.

ORIGINAL: Amze

Also evo intake claims to have small throttle response, horsepower increases.. so it might be a very small performance part I just bught one.

Old 11-13-2006, 01:40 AM
4th Gear

Parents are buying me a Diverter Valve for christmas, so I figured I'd wait, Im buying the chip at the same time I get that so I can have em both in same day

Old 11-13-2006, 01:41 AM
4th Gear

I beleive you man, just saying you were going a little hard on people for wanting there turbo to stand out a little more, no harm in it

Old 11-13-2006, 01:47 AM
4th Gear

Well, I did say in my post it was just my opinion. no harm, no foul. Wasn't trying to be hard on people, but i feel the airbox mod is risky to do because of water/snow, and there is no gain from it other that sound. Again, thats just my opinion, so I am sure others will disagree. but, just putting my 2 cents in, givin everyone something to think about.

ORIGINAL: Amze

I beleive you man, just saying you were going a little hard on people for wanting there turbo to stand out a little more, no harm in it

Old 11-13-2006, 03:31 AM
4th Gear

Yepyep, i hear ya .... and AirBox Mod = Intake? Or is it different. *Dont call me a noob*

Cause it rains an average amount where I am, and I got an Evo intake in the mail!

Old 11-13-2006, 03:44 AM
Site Moderator

Ya, airboxmod=intake. The airbox mod is actually better because the filter element istn exposed to the engine bay temps. The airbox is opened up on the bottom/wheel well side where it sucks in outside air and not the hot air in the engine bay right next to the turbo. The airbox mod would be considered more risky for water consuption though compared to an evoms intake, but the evoms intake can give you heat soak unless you have superiror heat shielding. Like i said, with a true intake, the filter is exposed and sits right next to the turbo/manifold/cat etc. where temps are highest.

Old 11-13-2006, 03:47 AM
4th Gear

Well I plan to install it myself, does anyone have a Evolution intake.. if so have they had any issues with it! I dont wanna spend nearly 300$ for issues

Quick Reply: People with intakes