Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

People with intakes

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 03:53 AM
Site Moderator
Default RE: People with intakes

Yea its a good fitting intake. You wont be dissapointed if sound and fitment is all you expect out of it. Because thats all you are going to get. You may notice better throtle response, but expect it to also lag a little more down low in the rpms. Those two things are what is most noticeable with an intake-even the airbox mod, other than the cool sound you get out of it. The engine will beathe better in the higher rpms but i wouldnt expect any real power gains.

Old 11-13-2006, 03:55 AM
4th Gear

Perfect, I bought it for those exact reasons... I should have Chip/Exhaust by January then everything will really come together. I cant wait to have 210 + HP and some real power

Old 11-13-2006, 05:45 AM
5th Gear

i have it too. never had a problem with it. the turbo spooling got louder and the "psshh" was more audible. didn't notice that much power gains from it, a little more throttle response but thats it. o and people who think intake add 20 hp are tools they make me laugh. and their usually the guys who buy those turbonator's[8D]

Old 11-13-2006, 10:28 AM
4th Gear

There also idiots... 20HP from a intake, lmao.

Old 11-13-2006, 06:27 PM
2nd Gear

HAHA!!! I think you all should do what makes you feel the best.[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 11-13-2006, 07:43 PM
1st Gear

Wow, ripping on people for adding intakes to make their car sound better is almost as fun as ripping on people who get rid of the audi rings making their car look worse.

Old 11-13-2006, 07:52 PM
4th Gear

You know, nobody is ripping anybody. Cant I just voice my opinion?? I did not rip anyone, did not call anyone names, did not say people are idiots for making their car louder, I just said I dont make my car louder unless its a power upgrade that makes it louder.

I just was voicing my opinion, and everyone takes that as being harsh to those that did it!! If you want your car louder go for it.

I just voiced my opinion that mods should be done for a purpose other than noise, but everyone seems to disagree which is fine. I just dont think its fair to say I am bashing folks for doing it, that was not my intent at all.

And, even though you wont like it, I am a huge fan of removing the audi rings from the front grill. But I would never bash someone for leaving them on if they like it.

I do enjoy a good discussion of things though, it a great way to learn and gain insight, and understand where others are coming from.

ORIGINAL: Chingy

Wow, ripping on people for adding intakes to make their car sound better is almost as fun as ripping on people who get rid of the audi rings making their car look worse.

Old 11-15-2006, 01:19 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: acetrebo

Like I said, if you want a louder turbo, install a bigger turbo. I just dont get the " I want my car to sound like my car is faster even though it is not any faster" mentallity.

hmm because i like the sound. No diff. between wanting alil sound from the turbo and motor....and getting wheels. And if you think thats where I'm coming from...this summer you can run my really fast sounding car

Old 11-15-2006, 01:24 AM
1st Gear

Just go to www.goapr.com, check out the Carbonio intake, i have one, i can hear the diverter and intake sucking sound. just be ready to fork over about $400 with shipping. it gives maybe 1 or 2 horses more but it looks sweet and I think it was worth it.

Old 11-15-2006, 01:28 AM
1st Gear

People are WAY over cautious about this exposure to the elements thing. . water spraying up onto the filter isn't gonna bend arod

Quick Reply: People with intakes