Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For people with Subs

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 07:42 PM
1st Gear
Default For people with Subs

What did you do to stop the trunk lid from rattling when your subs are on? I can't hear it while im in the car cuz its too loud, but when im outside the car it sounds like my trunk lid is about to fall off.

Old 06-05-2005, 08:40 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: For people with Subs

check all the nuts and bolts, make sure they are all tight. if that doesnt work line your trunk lid with dynamat, use the dynamat extreme not the regular dynamat, the regular stuff doesnt stick worth a damn. also check ur license plate most of the time thats what rattles not the trunk. good luck

Old 06-05-2005, 09:53 PM
1st Gear

yea i had taken my license plate off and it was still rattling.

i had stuffed the inside of my sub boxes with a poly-fiber filler and i had a bunch of it left. i took the carpet off the trunk lid and stuffed it in all the cavities and between the metal and carpet. the trunk closes a lot more "solid" now and it helped with the vibrating quite a bit considering i got a 5lb box for 5 bucks. now basically the only thing vibrating is my license plate still - which i just put back on with a bunch of double sided tape. the tape is just a temporary fix until i can find a way to separate the mechanical vibration which is from the trunk - down the screws holding the plate and frame - to the plate, making it shake like hell. im sure people have had this same problem, does anyone know how to isolate your license plate and frame from the trunk to keep it from vibrating?

Old 06-05-2005, 10:02 PM
3rd Gear

You need dynomat .
They will put it on the inside of your trunk and it will help alot.

Old 06-05-2005, 11:49 PM
4th Gear

Try a dynomat.

Either that or turn down the volume. It isn't good for your ears.

You will be sorry 15 years from now.

Old 06-06-2005, 12:16 AM
1st Gear

hmmm, i just got this crazy idea, i forget where i heard about it, but there is this dynomat stuff that i could put in my trunk and it should help solve the problem.

jk, thanks

Old 06-06-2005, 04:25 AM
3rd Gear

yea they make a kit specifically for license plates.

Old 06-06-2005, 05:55 AM

I don't know what dynomat is and this may sound crazy... but just go and get a bit of rubber cut to the same size as the plate and screw the plate through that into the back of the trunk. I've got 2 12" rockfords that I had in my old car...haven't put them in audi yet but it did the trick in the old car.

Old 06-06-2005, 10:12 AM
rs
2nd Gear

if ur plates rattling, get a dynomat plater holder, if its ur actual trunk, get dynomat, or brownbread, no other ways to really get around it, ur subs vibrate the trunk, using that type of material makes the vibrations bounce off the dynomat and not steel and bolts.

Old 06-06-2005, 10:37 AM
2nd Gear

david9999 Date 6/5/2005 8:49:02 PM
Try a dynomat.

Either that or turn down the volume. It isn't good for your ears.

You will be sorry 15 years from now

Huh What

Quick Reply: For people with Subs