Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of my Stasis Motorsport coilover installation

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 12:33 AM
1st Gear
Default Pics of my Stasis Motorsport coilover installation

Thanks to the boys at Kinetic for the install. Wicked suspension and I can't wait to see what it can do on the track once I figure out the settings to dial it in.

If you look carefully at the pics the dampers are oriented upsde down compared to most other coilover setups. The bumpstop is located on the bottom of the damper instead of the top for both front and rear units.

The instructions from Stasis tells you to cut metal to route the lines for the canisters but I hate cutting metal. So we decided to trim a bit of the rubber grommets and used a bit of duct tape to prevent the edge of the metal from damaging the hose.

Initially I just wedge the cans into place with the green masking tape around them and I was actually just going to use some foam pipe isulation to protect the outside of the cans.

After my first track event with the new suspension the driver side canister shifted backwards and made contact with a part of the wiper assembly. So Kinetic fabricated some custom brackets to hold the mounting clamps at a nice angle and once locked into place the canisters don't move at all.

So now I can just remove the rain tray and the canister adjustment ***** are easily accessed.

Old 06-07-2007, 12:37 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Pics of my Stasis Motorsport coilover installation

did Clay convince you to get these?

you've had them on for a while now, how do they compare to your old setup? and, what was your old setup?

Old 06-07-2007, 12:38 AM
5th Gear

Holy bad-***! I had no idea your car was that modded. I guess I never clicked your sig and actually paid attention. Sweet!
Where are the pics of the car now that it's dropped!? Jeez!

They look sooo nice though. I want to ditch my FK's and get something better. Those are out of my league, though.
I want more pics of the white car in the first pic!

Old 06-07-2007, 12:49 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: sean1.8t

did clay convince you to get thiese?

you've had them on for a while now, how do they compare to your old setup? and, what was your old setup?
Actually the boys at Matrix tried to talk me into buying them a while back to replace my H&R springs and Bilstein shock combination but I couldn't find a reason to upgrade back then.

Only when I got my 20s and was rubbing since I was too low did I have to make a choice... skip the 20s or get coilovers. And if I did go with coilovers I was going to get the best and be done with it and I am so happy I got the Motorsports... and yes... Clay did help me with getting them.

The performance of these coilovers makes my previous setup feel like mush. I thought I had limited body roll with my shocks and springs mated to H-Sport swaybars. Well I was wrong. The car handles like a dream and when flying down the track the dampers react so fast you don't feel many bumps on the ground.

Are they worth the money? I dunno.. I'm sure they are overkill oven for the amount of tracking I plan to do but I realized a while back it is better to save up and buy the best the first time around and, forget about trying to upgrade, than to forever scour for a better deal to upgrade from what I already bought.

Old 06-07-2007, 12:55 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: headshok2002

Holy bad-***! I had no idea your car was that modded. I guess I never clicked your sig and actually paid attention. Sweet!
Where are the pics of the car now that it's dropped!? Jeez!

They look sooo nice though. I want to ditch my FK's and get something better. Those are out of my league, though.
I want more pics of the white car in the first pic!
My car isn't that modded! There are still things to be done.

Here are pics as requested

Old 06-07-2007, 12:55 AM
Administrator

Ohh you got the setup that i have been wanting.. looks so damn hot!! Now, dont you wish you had these done before the drive last weekend

Old 06-07-2007, 12:57 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Redgoatâ„¢

Ohh you got the setup that i have been wanting.. looks so damn hot!! Now, dont you wish you had these done before the drive last weekend
Who said they weren't installed?

Old 06-07-2007, 01:32 AM
Zombie Defense Force

dang thats so nice. what kind of tires are you running?

Old 06-07-2007, 01:41 AM
1st Gear

Tires are Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas 245/30/20

Old 06-07-2007, 01:49 AM
Zombie Defense Force

how do they perform? do you use them on the track?

Quick Reply: Pics of my Stasis Motorsport coilover installation