Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pioneer AVIC Z1?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 07:17 PM
1st Gear
Default pioneer AVIC Z1?

hey everyone i have been thinking of putting the AViC Z1 in my car and i was wondering if anyone has one in there carand what they think about it and how hard was it tointergrate it into the bose system. thanks

Old 03-23-2007, 08:33 PM
Default RE: pioneer AVIC Z1?

ohhhhhhhhh man the Z1 is the best navigation in the market and it will be no problem integrating it into ur car. The Z2 is already out get that unit it has updated maps. If u live anywhere jersey city nj i will be glad to sell u one i work in an authorized pioner retail store. I have a alpine iwad200 which is no navigation only dvd and ipod but i didnt need Nav. So go for it you will love it. What yr and model is ur car....

Old 03-24-2007, 09:17 AM
1st Gear

i have a 2002 audi A4 with bose, and no sorry i dont live in theNJ area i currently live in the atlanta area but i'm getting read to move back home to chicago. i heard that the Z1 has a long boot up time when you first turn on the car almost 30 seconds, is this true? do you know of the Z2 is like this as well

Old 03-24-2007, 04:35 PM
1st Gear

I've had the Z1 in my B6 for about a month now. Love it. Here's a pics of my custom install and yes, it's a real carbon fiber enclosure.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w...Picture030.jpg
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w...Picture029.jpg
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w...Picture028.jpg
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w...Picture027.jpg

It does everything you could ever want. Best on the market aftermarket or stock.

Old 03-24-2007, 04:37 PM
1st Gear

It has a hard drive so boot is a little slow but not 30 secs, maybe 15 and I'll take that considering your music is playing while it is loading the OS and you can turn the volume up and down during this time but you can't change the channel or input until it has loaded but not 30 secs on mine. I took those pics today and snapped all 4 in less than 45 seconds from putting the key in and getting power to the unit.

Old 03-24-2007, 04:39 PM
1st Gear

Finally...the other models aren't like this because you need to load a DVD for map. The D3 is cool, I have a friend with an 06 STI who has that one. Takes longer to load than mine because you have to put your map disk in, load your destination, then take it out if you want to play movies. The Z1 has a 30Gig HD so it rips CD's to the Hard drive. If you actually purchase the cd's it'll get all your track information correct. It's just something you have to see in person to appreciate. I'd pay for this expensive device over again even though the D3 looks more stock.

Old 03-24-2007, 05:21 PM
1st Gear

Old 03-27-2007, 01:26 AM

nvvus1too your avic z1 looks hott, I like the way it came out flush. i wish my screen would have came out like that i used a kit on mine so i was saving on time and money lol I have an alpine though

Old 03-27-2007, 01:29 AM
Administrator

I have an Avic n1, and am going to upgrade soon.. you can find some refurbished ones on ebay for pretty cheap.. Pioneer has amazing navigation!

Did you make that CF enclosure?? If so could you make another one?? I would def be interested in buying

Old 03-27-2007, 01:39 AM
1st Gear

Thanks man! I have a hommie at CarToys so I got the enclosure made at half price and seeing that was a deal breaker for me, they installed it for free for me (got my subs, cap, Pioneer XM receiver and alarm done all at the same time). I wish I could've made it myself but if I did, I'd post a DIY for sure. I'm feeling your rims Redgoat...where and how much can I get the hook-up?

Quick Reply: pioneer AVIC Z1?