Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PLEASE!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 11:46 AM
1st Gear
Default PLEASE!!!!!

I just want to make the right decision, one of my boys who lives on the west coast, told me to check out Magnaflow. I went in an listened to come sound clips, i like that you can hear the turbo thru the tailpipes. any one have any opinions on magnaflow? Or someone else that makes a similar sounding? It woud be on an 02 A4 QTM. Thanks in advance guys.

Old 06-13-2006, 01:35 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: PLEASE!!!!!

BUMP IM going crazy trying to figure this out.

Old 06-13-2006, 01:39 PM
2nd Gear

You post has been on here for like an hour and 50 min. Chill... you have to think about people and their time zones. Eastern its only 10:30am.

Every time I think of Magnaflow I think of a big truck... but some poeple have had success with them.

Old 06-13-2006, 02:05 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Thetuna325

I just want to make the right decision, one of my boys who lives on the west coast, told me to check out Magnaflow. I went in an listened to come sound clips, i like that you can hear the turbo thru the tailpipes. any one have any opinions on magnaflow? Or someone else that makes a similar sounding? It woud be on an 02 A4 QTM. Thanks in advance guys.
I would go with borla, I think magnalow sounds a little ricey on the A4.
This is what borla sounds like in a 1.8T
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...1124&q=audi+a4
I think it sounds great, when I get my A4 im either going for that or an esienmann exhaust which sounds very good as well.
Eisenmann on a B6
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...7528&q=audi+a4

Old 06-13-2006, 02:09 PM
Site Moderator

Borla is good... and i have no clue what north is saying about magnaflow=big truck. Magnaflow sounds really good and nothing like a big truck or riced out civic. It produces a subtle growl in the low rpms and doesnt drone in the mid-high rpms. Borla is the same way, but a little lounder in the higher rpm's and deeper sounding down low.

Old 06-13-2006, 03:23 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

Borla is good... and i have no clue what north is saying about magnaflow=big truck. Magnaflow sounds really good and nothing like a big truck or riced out civic. It produces a subtle growl in the low rpms and doesnt drone in the mid-high rpms. Borla is the same way, but a little lounder in the higher rpm's and deeper sounding down low.
Haha... Every weekend there is this 4x4 and "Trucks!" show on, not sure what channel. They are always always using magnaflow mufflers, which is why everytime I think of magnaflow I think of trucks. Actually mustangs too.

Old 06-13-2006, 03:30 PM
1st Gear

its down to borla and magnaflow, thanks for the help guys, and i think that the low growl of the magnaflow is what iwas looking for, and as far as borla goes, its sounds great on a B5, but i cant find any sound clips on a B6....so i geuss i will have to keep searching, i just would like to get everything done at once, i have all the parts sitting in my room, except for the exhaust...last piece to the puzzle i geuss.

Old 06-13-2006, 04:00 PM
2nd Gear

Have you tried doing a search on the forum for "Magnaflow"? There are a few people on here with custom work done with magnaflow.

Old 06-13-2006, 04:43 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: north5995

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

Haha... Every weekend there is this 4x4 and "Trucks!" show on, not sure what channel. They are always always using magnaflow mufflers, which is why everytime I think of magnaflow I think of trucks. Actually mustangs too.
Oh now i get it.. Yeah i love that show, even though i have no desire to own a truck. Those guys are huge GEEKS.... But I love em, they know their ****.

Old 06-13-2006, 04:52 PM
1st Gear

i tried but didnt come up with anything. also just an FYI for your guys that own an 02 A4 QTM, just got off the phone with Borla, and apparantly the system that they have on their site for my car doesnt exist, its for the front wheel drive. so apparantly there is no borla for my ride.