AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A4 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/)
-   -   possible blown transmission (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/possible-blown-transmission-7843/)

Karl 04-01-2005 01:16 PM

RE: possible blown transmission

First off if your were at 5000 rpms in third... what in the hell made you think second was going to help you go faster? Okay im done ranting.. THanks :) Best of luck on a tranny fix. definatley like they said get the 2.8 tranny. Do it in a parking lot LOL

aaronamericahall 04-01-2005 02:43 PM

so would a 2.8 tranny bolt right up to a 1.8 quattro with no modifications needed, has anyone ever done this before, whats the advantages

hb972.8q 04-01-2005 03:07 PM

when i had to replace my trany i got a used one from these guys..greenleaf .i paid $900 for it and a shop near me installed it for 600. i upgraded my trany mounts with modified allroad ones and spec stage 2 clutch installed along with the trany. the link for that allroad trany mounts.

TomRitt 04-01-2005 03:41 PM

ORIGINAL: aaronamericahall

so would a 2.8 tranny bolt right up to a 1.8 quattro with no modifications needed, has anyone ever done this before, whats the advantages
I am pretty sure it does, I'm not sure about which clutch you would use as well as whether or not you need a 2.8 rear diff. The advantages are longer gearing, so you can hit over 60 in 2nd. I'm not sure if all the gears are longe rbut I know 1st and 2nd are.

hb972.8q 04-02-2005 04:11 PM

ORIGINAL: TomRitt

ORIGINAL: aaronamericahall

I am pretty sure it does, I'm not sure about which clutch you would use as well as whether or not you need a 2.8 rear diff. The advantages are longer gearing, so you can hit over 60 in 2nd. I'm not sure if all the gears are longe rbut I know 1st and 2nd are.

ya all the gears r long except for 5th

ImolaS4 04-02-2005 07:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Redgoat

First off if your were at 5000 rpms in third... what in the hell made you think second was going to help you go faster? Okay im done ranting.. THanks :) Best of luck on a tranny fix. definatley like they said get the 2.8 tranny. Do it in a parking lot LOL
Yeah.... and at 5k in third gear means he wasn't going 20mph behind a lil' ol' lady like he claims - unless he slipped it into 2nd while he was revving and the revs went up to 5k.

Yuikio 04-03-2005 11:53 PM

Yeah, to be at 5K at 20mph you are in 1st gear. Easy mistake to make, I guess?

aaronamericahall 04-04-2005 12:05 AM

yea I know I screwed up guys, but I had a flash back that I was in my x Rx7 and now I'm going to pay for my screw up

Karl 04-04-2005 05:22 AM

what RPM where you at? if you were spinning 5k then what did you down shift from ? You might have been in second and slammed it into first.

aaronamericahall 04-04-2005 09:42 PM

I was in third gear and I dropped down to 2nd gear at a high rpm