Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

power folding mirrors?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 06:27 PM
1st Gear
Default power folding mirrors?

Well i noticed today that my mirrors are not folding in. I know for a fact that they use to fold in put i tried today and neither one of them fold in. Any one know what is wrong? Is the motor to both mirrors shot? Is there a fuse i should check? Any help appreciated

Thanks guys

Old 05-29-2007, 07:15 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: power folding mirrors?

On your Ford F250? Who folds their mirrors in?

Motors are for adjusting the mirrors, but not for folding the whole housing in.

Old 05-29-2007, 08:20 PM
1st Gear

ummm... ok well i guess you don't know what your talking about. Not an F250 its an 2002 audi a4 and yes, the mirrors do fold in. Well atleast mine did fold in now i dont know why they dont fold in anymore

Sooo... umm.. yea thanks [:@]

Old 05-29-2007, 08:32 PM
2nd Gear

You are the one asking how to fold your mirrors in yet I am the one who doesn't know what I am talking about?

What I was saying is why do you even want to fold them in? The only people that fold their mirrors in have huge trucks that have gigantic mirrors that stick way out. They fold them in occasionally to try to fit past a tight spot. This is necessary because those things are hella wide. Your car is just regualr size, what is the point of folding the mirrors in?

Then as I said, the motor on the mirrors is for adjusting the mirror itself using the controls. The controls inside the car do not fold the mirror HOUSING in which is what I think you are talking about. If the mirrors don't adjust anymore then yes maybe something is broken or disconnected.

The mirror HOUSINGS fold in by just pushing them. They are just cammed. If you push on them hard enough, the whole mirror HOUSING will turn in against the car.

So are you talking about the mirror itself or the housing. If its the housing, you just need to push it like a man. If the mirror itself is the problem then you need to be more specific and say that the mirror won't adjust anymore so that you can adjust it where you can see cars behind you.

Sooo... umm.. yea be more specific.

Old 05-29-2007, 08:41 PM
1st Gear

Ok first off sorry to get pissy, not having a good day.

But YES i am talking about the whole entire mirror, the Housing as you call it.. On my car i use to turn the **** that adjusts my mirrors and there was a setting that it folded the whole housing in.. Just like in an F250 like you said.

The housing to my mirrors do indeed fold, by just turning the **** (or atleast they use to untill it got broke) It may soound funny but its the truth...

My question is now, Does anyone know why the button that folds my housing for the mirrors does not work.. motor fuse? anyone have a similar problem

Old 05-29-2007, 09:07 PM

I never knew the mirrors can fold in. What button do you push to make them fold in?

Old 05-29-2007, 09:12 PM
1st Gear

The little round button that you can tilt up/down to move the mirror. Just push down on it and twist it to the right about 90 degrees. There is a little picture underneath the **** with a mirror and a little arow. Not sure if all cars have it though

Old 05-29-2007, 09:43 PM
1st Gear

Anyone have any idea!? Does everyone think im crazy?..[&:]

Old 05-29-2007, 10:04 PM

Mine fold in too. I thought it was kinda dumb when I first used it as those mirrors are tiny to begin with so yeah they fold in automatically and it is a cool little feature. I would say you blew a fuse if both died at the same time. Can you still adjust them? Can you test to see if the heating element works (if you have auto dimming mirrors, I think that is part of that option)?

Old 05-29-2007, 10:08 PM
1st Gear

I have to check a fuse maybe, yes, they still adjust fine and all they just dont fold!.. Not that i use it but annoys me that it is not working

Quick Reply: power folding mirrors?