Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

problem with my airbag light

Old 02-19-2007, 06:32 PM
1st Gear
Default problem with my airbag light

so my airbag lights been on for quite sometime and i know its the module thats causing the problem. i brought it to the dealer expecting a cheap/quick fix but nooooo. they need to replace the whole airbag for liabilty reasons. so i went around to other places and most of them said the same thing. is there a writeup around here on how to get to it? i hear its behind the center console somewhere...

Old 02-19-2007, 08:00 PM
Administrator
Default RE: problem with my airbag light

scan the car to see what fault codes you get under the Airbag module, and try searching it seems to be common in the B5's at least for the light to come one due to a resistor of some sorts IIRC

Old 02-19-2007, 08:02 PM
1st Gear

yeah ive scanned already and get an error that it cannot connect to the airbag module

Old 02-19-2007, 08:09 PM
Administrator

I would suggest replacing the entire thing for safety reasons.. who knows if your going to need it and it doesnt go off.. you cant really put a price on Safety. Or if your flat broke you could always try just getting a new module, but who knows if that will work, only way to test to see if it does is smash your car into something.. [:@]

Old 02-19-2007, 09:08 PM
1st Gear

Probably not same issue as you are sure its the module, but this may help someone out there.....
My airbag light has been for the last month. I found that the issue was caused by the plug under the passenger seat.... zip tied it tight and light be gone.

Old 02-19-2007, 09:36 PM
2nd Gear

Both are common problems with airbag systems. Dunzie you need a new modual, buy a modual, disconnect the neg. term. on the battery,remove the centerconsol and look for yellow wiring running into a small box (all airbag wires have yellow conduit). You may be able to find a place like modular masters that can rebuild it but if the system ignites while driving you will get into an accident, I would buy on from a car being parted out or the dealer. Craig usually the connector will cause an open squib code and all it is saying is that there is a bad connection, at work all I do is bend the prongs in the connector to correct the problem, which by zip tieing it you completed the circuit diong the same thing in the end, so if it comes back try disconetcing it and bending the prongs a bit.

Old 02-19-2007, 11:29 PM
1st Gear

there is 2 screws below the insturment panelabove thesteering wheel.that holds instrument panel in. take them off, remove the insturment panel, and pull out the light bulb... fixed.