Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PS2 in glove box?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 08:39 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: PS2 in glove box?

ORIGINAL: ProOnThaSnow

ol, oh man, this is like a bad episode of Unique Whips.
Bad Episode?! More like a Typical Episode.... make sure to use A LOT of spray paint, and don't mask anything off.

yea not quite

Old 11-27-2006, 08:42 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: JMaN05

hello, i have seen PS2's in gloves boxes and i want to put one in an A4 glove box.

do you guys think that the slim or fatter one would be better for the glove box? any one have some step by step or regular instructions?

i cant find a way to mount it. taking to bottom off to screw it down would then cause no way to get the bottom back on. drilling wholes and screwing into wouldnt work because you cant put a screw into a PS2. screwing down would cause screws sticking out of the glove box which is ugly and dangerous.

all help is appreciated! my last resort is super glue and lots of it!!
Since you asked I say go with the fatter one. The more space you take up the better...

Old 11-27-2006, 09:05 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: ProOnThaSnow

ol, oh man, this is like a bad episode of Unique Whips.
Bad Episode?! More like a Typical Episode
They're all bad, lol. I hate those shows. Car modding is supposed to be about personal choices, making your ride YOURS, not about having some guys slap some random parts on your car in one day.

Old 11-27-2006, 09:10 PM

..... Thank god someone understood what I was getting at.

and in reply to the "yea not quite", have you seen any of their "rattle can rampage" on changing interior panel colors? and in one episode the old tweaker looking white dude even comments on the overspray on the white caddy door panel that has 2-tone white on off white (wasn't supposed to be that way). They do some OK work, but nothing that is truly "UNIQUE", just something any other shop would be willing to do for less of a price.

And don't get me ******* started on Pimp My Ride....

OVERHAULIN' is a GOOD show, sometimes a little over the top, but nonetheless, Chip Foose is an auto design Genius. Boyd Coddington is an ***, but his cars are always top quality.

Old 11-27-2006, 09:43 PM
1st Gear

i agree with you on the over dramtic on pimp my ride. and i didnt understand that statment until now. and also, i would say that dont get me started on pimp my ride either. they make their cars nice, exterior wise, but A LOT of the interior stuff is rediculous.

kilobyte, why would you say the more space taken the better?? i dont understand that statement

Old 11-27-2006, 09:46 PM

yeah why does your audi have spray painted seats??? suppose to be black idk how yours are grey, j/k if i was getting a ps2 to mount in my car i would just throw it in my living room, seriously i like games and all but having it in a car could be overkill, just mount it under the seat if they are manual ones, other than that i would make a nice plastic trim piece, i would get soem interior panels from a civic or something blakc to cut something out of, anyway my 2 cents, work sucks

Old 11-28-2006, 02:33 AM
4th Gear

Thats a little extreme for me...

Old 11-28-2006, 03:16 AM
1st Gear

almost makes me want to try it...........

Old 11-28-2006, 03:44 AM
dan
2nd Gear

It would double as a DVD player as well. A game console and/or Mac mini in my car are on the list of things I want done by next summer.

Old 11-28-2006, 04:29 AM
Site Moderator

Here's a pic of the slim one.. Looks like theres a lot of room left... This turd sandwhich chose not to secure in onto a mount in the glove box though... But this should give you an idea how much room you have to work with er whateva.

Quick Reply: PS2 in glove box?