Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question regarding MPG read out / display.

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 05:34 AM
2nd Gear
Default Question regarding MPG read out / display.

I recently got an 06' A4 Quattro 2.0T and noticed something that I was wondering if I could change.

In the manual, it shows a MPG readout on the console display, but my car only shows how many miles I have left before I need to refill.

Is there any way to show the MPG that you're getting while you drive? I know that you can always figure it out by looking at how many miles you drove before you had to hit the gas station, but if I wanted to be lazy about it - any way to change?

I searched the forums, but didn't turn up anything that addressed my question. Thanks!

Old 06-08-2006, 06:07 AM
Administrator
Default RE: Question regarding MPG read out / display.

READ THE MANUAL for god sakes

but here theres a botton on the tip of the windshield wiper handle, press the botton and it will switch

Old 06-08-2006, 06:40 AM
4th Gear

Now Panda.... not all of us own a manual

ORIGINAL: PandaXpress

but here theres a botton on the tip of the windshield wiper handle, press the botton and it will switch

Old 06-08-2006, 06:44 AM
2nd Gear

You mean the manual that I referred to in the original post?
I'm also assuming that you're referring to the button that is shown in the manual, but that is not on my windshield wiper handle.

Hmmm.....I guess we're back to my original question.

Once again, it only shows miles left before refuel - there is no option for MPG and no button on the handle to engage such function.
This is where my question comes from. If it's not a typical set-up, is there an ALTERNATE way of getting the display to change?

I'll be at the SoCal GTG on the 25th - if I can't find a solution by then - I'd be more than happy to show you in person exactly what I'm referring to.

Old 06-08-2006, 06:45 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: Dj Spiel

Now Panda.... not all of us own a manual

ORIGINAL: PandaXpress

he has an 06 A4 and says he has the manual also

In the manual, it shows a MPG readout on the console display, but my car only shows how many miles I have left before I need to refill.

Is there any way to show the MPG that you're getting while you drive? I know that you can always figure it out by looking at how many miles you drove before you had to hit the gas station, but if I wanted to be lazy about it - any way to change?

Old 06-08-2006, 03:33 PM
1st Gear

On the right side of the S. wheel there is the wiper stalk.
At the end of the stalk there is a button that has 2 "nubs". One lets you push up and done pushes down.
That control is used for scrolling through various functions of the computer. It also allows you to scroll through the various
readings such as MPG, avg. MPG, instant MPG, miles left, etc...

To get to the computer there is a "set" button. It too is on the wiper stalk. It is located on the bottom edge of the stalk.
You can access it with your rigth thumb. You push up on it with your thumb to get into the computer settings.
When you push up on the "set" button you enter the computer. Use the scroll buttons to move around and the set button to enter and set
things. You can turn certains readouts on and off so that you have less items to scroll through if you want.

I guess you may not have this if you don't have the on board trip computer. But, the car manual does have this info even if you don't.

Old 06-08-2006, 03:52 PM
2nd Gear

Yes, you are correct.

This is exactly what my manual shows / tells me, but there are no additional buttons on the windshield wiper handle.
Since there are no buttons, I don't have access to that functionality, but my guess is that the option is not disabled within the onboard computer - I just have to find out how to get to it. This is why I posted my question.
It seems like I may simply be one of the unlucky few who do not have the option to check on my car. The dealership was no help.

Old 06-08-2006, 04:14 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Doesn't this feature only comes with the Tech. pckg, like the memory seat settings?..I don't have the buttons you're talking about in my car either and thought it's because I don't have tech pckg

Old 06-08-2006, 04:20 PM
1st Gear

I dont have them either.. and the manual does not specify exclusions...

edit: i have an 04 A4 1.8t

Old 06-08-2006, 05:05 PM
2nd Gear

Interesting.
Now we're getting somewhere.

Maybe that's the issue, as I don't have the Tech. package on my A4 either.

I tried to call the sales guy at the dealership, but he's out until tomorrow.
If I can get verification, I'll post back here when I find out.

Quick Reply: Question regarding MPG read out / display.